Test patch is killing sales

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkeychunks, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Monkeychunks Augur

I had it all planned out. Which of my accounts need which level of NOS expansion and how many etc. Just waiting for the sale since I have a few accounts. Arranged all my bills so I could blow a lot on this sale and still have some left over for a marketplace sale hopefully.

The sale is here, ya!!!!

Then they post the test patch and I figure I better check that out. Every single one of my computers gets the "cannot load DLL" and I have direct x 11 on a few and 12 on another one, windows 10 and 11.

I have sadly lost my faith after the UI issue that this will be fixed before its sent out to live so no sense throwing my money away on a game I don't see being able to play.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am starting to get the feeling we will soon hear, "Iceberg dead ahead!". And I hope I am completely wrong.
    Joules_Bianchi, Toukan and CatsPaws like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I can see what your saying. It took them months to fix just that UI issue and its not really fixed. We were just given a workaround to revert to the old UI. And a player came up with that.

Live is supposed to patch next week (?) I think, which is not much time for the test bugs that are being reported to get fixed. I think the DLL issue is much larger than the UI issue was.

You could always support the game by submitting files and what not for your computers to help them troubleshoot.
    Joules_Bianchi and Nennius like this.
  4. Tolzol Augur

5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Who will step up this time?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are thousands of video card and motherboard and CPU and Windows combinations playing EQ. It is impossible to make sure something can run properly on them all. Test Server is just that, a Test server.

It's not a free server for anyone who doesn't want to pay to be able to play EQ. It's there to test stuff. Right now it is testing DirectX 11.

It is doing what it is supposed to do and letting the developers know that there are a few things they need to fix. And they are now taking the reports and figuring out what needs to be fixed.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Might help this bug report thread if you list your hardware so they can know what to check. And anyone else experiencing this issue too.
    Hobs and Nennius like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

The new UI was on the Test server for nearly 2 months, with weekly, if not daily, posts pointing out all the problems...and it STILL got pushed to Live in a broken state, and remains so.

I have ZERO faith that whatever issues there are surrounding the DX11 upgrade (which is WAY bigger and more far reaching than a few new UI windows) are going to even remotely be fixed when this eventually gets pushed to Live. Not a SINGLE ounce of faith.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

whatever, go then
  11. Cairbrae Developer

Skuz, Hobs and Svann2 like this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Seems like a lot of issues and still testing going on this year with features like these.
    I'd like to request that beta raids, they cancel it. There are far more concerning issues that need QA and improvements on than 30th expansion raids testing in beta.
    Raids will be fine,
    EQ2, they had a beta test server for the new PvP server, they canceled it, it was fine.
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-zarrakon-new-tle

EQ needs to better focus its QA, testing and fixing. Beta raids should not be a thing this year if you ask me.

There's not enough people to do fixing all over the place, so I suggest no beta raids this year.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

And you snarky folks pointing out the purpose of the test server, we are well aware of it's purpose and most of us lean into our role as testers. And if you think everyone on test are freeloaders who don't spend money on the game you are ridiculously mistaken.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Next on News11: bugs found on test server. Stay tuned.
    Cuuthbert, Skuz, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  15. Lodestar The Undefeated

Guess what: There will be no "Use DirectX 11" uncheck/checkbox. The developers have to get this right. Unless they have a clever way to enable DX9 vs DX11, which I suspect isn't feasible for Daybreak to program. Therefore:

Developers: VET VET VET, TEST TEST TEST. Don't push anything to Live, until the sample size and time spent testing DX11 is exceedingly sufficient.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  16. Hobs Elder

Now is a great time to copy to Test to help test these bugs and report issues so that they get fixed. Instead of getting upset why not come over and help out? Those of us who are mostly based on Test are actively testing things throughout the week and will be raiding on Saturday as usual. Most of the bugs are graphical glitches and some crashes. Those that are having issues getting into the game are usually running older systems with older hardware made before 2015 or running either Windows 7 or Windows 10 without updated chipset drivers, graphics card drivers and DirectX 11.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109
    Skuz, Kompacte_of_Test and code-zero like this.
  17. Mikana Augur

Did that earlier in the year to test the UI. All feedback ignored, and broken UI pushed Live, and still not fixed nearly six months later.

Not really inclined to go through that again.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As another poster said "I pay to play the game not to test the game" No more koom bay ya.

If I wanted to be a tester then I would be playing Ashes of Creation, not EQ
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you don't have to test it, but the more people they have logging into test to provide feedback on it before it goes to live to more issues they will be able to catch and correct.
    Hobs and Scila like this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent