Test Environment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, May 20, 2020.

1. Magneress Augur

Wow was built after the fact and in an era where these tools were becoming mass marketed and not 1 off enterprise level solutions.

EQ was built in an era, where, well, C# and .net did not exist rofl....

cut em some slack it's amazing this place exists at all, Asherons call >> lookin @ u :(

All that said i remember both games having their shares of lots of unexpected downtime.
  2. Febb Augur

The test environment that he is talking about is a developer environment where code and databases are on test servers on DPG's internal network. This is where code/data testing goes to before it's even brought to the test server patch. I would be very worried if any online business didn't test things out on the dev systems before planning to roll a patch out into production systems.

However just because it works fine on a developer platform doesn't mean it will work fine on a production system. We're not sure how they run their systems back behind the scenes. I do know they remotely host their servers and their data was moved some where else as well recently. I know they recently had an issue on the data side of things as well which was out of their hands. This is the trouble you run into when your services aren't in house.
    Magneress likes this.