Test character turned into a level 1 Paladin

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eetra, May 23, 2016.

1. Eetra Journeyman

I posted this in a thread in the test update sub forum since it may be related to the test servers... instability lately but in case it needs to go here as well, here goes:

One of my characters, a 93 ranger named Evelien has apparently been turned into a level 1 paladin. I was running through the ToV instance parsing the bosses for their HP and max hits for my guild on Phini, and I had just finished with West ToV. I used the zone out pad behind Lendiniara the Keeper only to zone into Qeynos instantly dead and seemingly inside of something (couldn't tell. I play first person and it looked like I was standing inside a ton of different character models) as well as seeing mob names casting that shouldn't be in Qeynos to begin with. The window to release to bind or accept a rez was listing my bind point as "Unknown" and I couldn't release. I /q'd out and logged back in thinking it was a fluke, only when I got to the character select my ranger was replaced by a level 1 paladin in Qeynos. I logged into that character to the same thing. Unknown zone, inside something, and dead.

This was... Friday night I believe this happened. The server went down a few minutes later iirc. Is there any chance of getting this character back? Or is it lost to the ether?
  2. Gallexy Faraway New Member

I had something similar happen on live. I deleted my guild hall for an old guild and any characters who had logged out in it were ported to somewhere that looked like the Skyplane drop off point in Freeport. There were several Fabled mobs and regular mobs(I think they were from Vex Thall) sitting there stacked on top of each other, I tried to run so I could have time to look at the actual zone I was in but coming into that much lag made it impossible. I was not turned into a paladin nor did the bind point register as Unknown for me, however some of the circumstance seemed similar enough I felt I should chime in! If huge packs of mobs are spawning all over in the wrong zones maybe that is causing some of the lag on the server? Coincidentally, where was your guy actually bound at the time?