Not A Bug Tertiary (and somewhat Secondary) Bind Points Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fanra, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

As a druid with the necessary AAs purchased, I should have a Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary bind point.

Right now, I only have Primary and Secondary. Setting a Tertiary bind point actually sets my Secondary.

[Tue Sep 13 19:04:13 2022] Bind Points: Shadow Valley, The Western Wastes, Not Found

Now, usually, it would have four bind points listed, with the fourth not actually useful at all (I have no idea what it does).

So I went into the Guild Lobby and clicked a Guidestone, which should set my Tertiany bind point. Now it shows:

[Tue Sep 13 19:04:36 2022] Bind Points: Shadow Valley, Guild Lobby, Not Found

So, in effect, the Tertiany bind point is broken and does not work. I only have Primary and Secondary now.
  2. TrueNorth Developer

Could not reproduce this. If you are able, can you gate to your secondary bind point and confirm what zone you are sent to?

The /charinfo command will not always display the full list of locations if the locations are the same.
    E.g. If you set your primary, secondary, and tertiary bindpoints to the Plane of Knowledge, the command will list the Plane of Knowledge only once, not three times.

The fourth (and sometimes fifth) bindpoints are fallback locations that are usually set to a character's home location. If it is displaying "Not Found" they may be set to a zone that is no longer available.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for your response.

I went around and changed my Secondary and Tertiary bind points.

It now says:

[Wed Sep 14 16:07:16 2022] Bind Points: Shadow Valley, Surefall Glade, Guild Lobby, Not Found

Using the Gate spell, the Secondary Recall AA, and the Tertiary Recall AA, all seem to work now.

As for the Not Found, that should say Rivervale (my home city). However, it does not seem to matter for gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

I have no idea why it was bugged and is now working. However, since the problem seems gone, you may mark this as Closed. If it reoccurs, I will submit another report.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
    Quatr and PCSS like this.