Ten best banked task/quest XP rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

I am assuming we can still bank ten task/quest rewards to redeem on new expansion launch day. If that was taken away, such as the game clearing all banked rewards like they did with corpses, then ignore this.

Assuming you can still bank, what are the ten task or quest rewards that provide the best XP for the new expansion?
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

At minimum it would be overseer completions.
    Unfortunately a lot of big exp gains (like ToV missions) hit you without passing through the quest window.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Nilwean Elder

Dont turn this into a list of things to nerf.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Didn't this happen to most mission/task rewards post-Underfoot? I think that was part of a "curb TA sales" crusade they went on years ago.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

10 Research (24 hour) crit success banked in rewards, 5 banked in overseer window, both as high rarity as you can find, if you didn't do cov collectibles, bank up like 100 overseer collectible tokens to finish all collection achieves on next expansion launch

Between these 2 things you can bank pretty much a full level, of course since they scale to level don't claim them until level 119 to get 120 free, assuming ngreth didn't set up the new achievements to get you there from completing all quests instead of how ToV only took you to like 1/3 or 1/2 way into 114
    Gyurika Godofwar and demi like this.
  6. demi Augur

aye thought they made it so you couldnt bank 10 quests anymore before an expansion release ? thought they cleared them now ? i could be wrong .

Although you could always do like overseer and have 5 quests ready .. and you can do collections and just click on all the collects but the last one so it doesnt give you the reward .. just keep that last collect in your bags then when expansion is released go in click on all them collects to finish 10 to 20 of them in a row :p

Riou beat me to it :D
  7. Cicelee Augur

I already have around 250 of the overseer collectible fragments to use to finish all the COV collectibles on Day 1.

I had not thought of using Overseer rewards to bank, I was thinking only of in game tasks or quests. That is a great suggestion, thanks!
  8. Alnitak Augur

Also, don't forget to bank 345 AA's! 230 AA's is the limit for 115 to directly accumulate, then do tasks/achievements which reward with AA's only, those add up upto 3x limit. Although, the selection of those is limited.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is this really something to worry about? Don't people pretty much re-max their level within a few days anyway? And the ones who don't aren't going to go to this much trouble anyway ;)
    Stymie, Accipiter and Tucoh like this.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

Now watch them conveniently forget to update that overseer reward until Feb-Mar-Apr!
  11. Cicelee Augur

Well you just turned a relatively relaxing day into a doom and gloom stress one. Geez thanks LOL
  12. Cicelee Augur

I think there is a difference between "planning ahead strategically to maximize your time" and "worrying".

And no, not everyone in a raid guild goes on a 48 hour XP spree killing easy blues in a previous expansion to get to 120. Some of us prefer to actually play in the current expansion and do tasks and progression to gain levels. And some of us have things that prevent us from playing 48 straight hours just to hit 120.
  13. Riou EQResource

If they repeat ToV doing this will save you like 5 straight hrs of exp grinding
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless, like me, you are max level and have yet to be to ToV.

Overseer ftw :)

(and, in my case, the alternative would be more like 5 weeks of grinding, most likely!)
  15. demi Augur

grinding overseer isn't really grinding :p ;)
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I meant grinding XP if I didn't do Overseer. I don't consider Overseer grinding (it's what I do instead!)
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You might be a min/maxer if you squirrel rewards away for new expansion launch day...
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

This is why you all complain a month after expansion starts...