Temporary: allow a single merc healer on raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, May 29, 2018.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

mercs on (today's) raids won't help much.
    They do not move when/where they're supposed to, are slow to cast and only cast certain things while the "good stuff" that makes a raiding cleric (even a "not good" one) is not used by them at all.
    The only thing this would perhaps help with would be the CLR buffs, but a single cleric in raid would be more efficient even on that.

As was said above:
    Encourage your people to make priest ALTs is by far the better option for everyone.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Oh this would be epic. And the dev time spent trying to make the mercs not break everything instead of building real content.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

WTF...
    Far too many exclamation marks AND uppercase - what devil did ride you that you come charging in like that?
    Get out! Bye!
    ;)
  4. Aurastrider Augur

This idea is not as bad as some people are suggesting although I agree that for current raid content mercs will probably be more trouble than they are worth. I think where this idea might be helpful is for older raid content especially if the merc could count towards the number required to request the raid. To often do I see people asking for task adds and some times they are asking for a long while before they find enough people who are just messing around and able to join for the request. Obviously there would need to be a formula to determine if you could use a merc on a raid such as current expansion minus x where x is a fixed number to determine when mercs will unlock for raids. There should also be a level requirement factor such as level cap when expansion was released plus y where y is a fixed number to represent that this content is trivial for the player bringing mercs into the raid. Sure everyone can create an unlimited number of ftp accounts and level up enough toons to request raids or have enough class variety to actually beat some of these raids but allowing mercs on outdated content seems like a QOL improvement type of thing. I don't think I would rank it near the top of my own personal list of things I would like to see developer time spent on but overall it could provide more gameplay opportunities to more people which is always a good thing.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wouldn't mind seeing mercs allowed on unlocked raids.

Current mercs need some attention - BADLY.
  6. Brohg Augur

I disagree. They are approximately as awful as they should be.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

While I respect your opinion, I prefer to get what was promised when I purchased the feature.
  8. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Over the last 20 years, EverQuest has had a lot of "features" shown to us, that upon implementation and further review were, either not done, or implemented differently than the initial plan. I don't forsee mercs on raids anytime soon. Often they disregard your or my personal preference in pursuit of game balance for everyone. It is a hard choice, but they can't make everyone happy. My advice would be to recruit some fresh new guildmates.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What promise?
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I agree mercs could be a lot better than they currently are. For people that rely on them to play it could be the difference between staying all access or going ftp. If mercs suck to bad it diminishes what's included in all access vs ftp status. I would love a merc UI where you can control certain class abilities making mercs a little more hands on and useful. Only the J mercs would get this ability to encourage more people to go all access. Said abilities should be a rank or two behind players at the same level for the most case so they don't diminish actual players who play the four primary classes. This would provide more depth into the game while also providing paying customers with a more balanced merc system.
  11. Millianna Augur

The OP referenced EoK... you cannot molo EoK raids. The OP is trying to be deceptive and push something for his own agenda and trying to sell the idea to smaller raid forces who struggle with EoK.
  12. Brohg Augur

what was promised?
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Having followed Iblis from some time he is a lot of things. Funny, helpful but deceptive is not something I would classify him as. He stated EOK and older in his original post and he stated to help out smaller and family style guilds. Nothing deceptive about that but rather forthcoming about why he proposed his idea. He later even stated he is new to raiding and was just throwing this out there as an idea. As far as agenda's every person who posts an idea regarding game changes does so in pursuit of trying to improve their own EQ experience. He has not created 50 threads like some people trying to push this idea or from what I can tell tried to argue with the people who objected. He simply presented an idea to the community to see what peoples thoughts would be.
  14. Millianna Augur

Completely scratch out EoK from the OPs post - there’s no reason for it to be there.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

That is very rude to say. Also ill informed. Ye might have some old grudge for me writing something harsh at an earlier point in life, if that is so, let me suggest that your defaming and rude comment be your vengeance for that, and let us not exchange more insults. Life is too short for pointless strife.
  16. Numiko Augur

you could always pop your steadfast servant if you really want an NPC healer on a raid! :p
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You're quoting me did nothing to prove your point. If anything it degraded your argument as you purposefully cherry picked only part of what I said removing the important context of it. I never said that the OP was saying that was what it was for; I was saying that would be a reason for having the rules relaxed for content which is flagged as raid still but now accessible with 6 or fewer people when it wasn't originally. Also, as Aurastrider stated, there was nothing deceptive about the OP's request; it was rather straightforward, if naïve.