Temple of Veeshen request. (Original version, not RoF)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eagleclaww, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uxtalzon Augur

Let's face it, NTOV is camped for bow of the destroyer because its the key for EZmode leveling and AAs by ranger swarming. Bristlebane is killed all the time for the shrink item. VT is cleared all the time for the unique item effects that exist no where else. Get in the rat race like everyone else.

You're better off suggesting new content with similar unique rewards because as Axxius said, devs only dole out content that gets completely replaced by the next expansion anymore. That's why there are no more epics, no more ultra-rare drops, and no more illusions (without having to pay for them or win in the card game).

I'd be much less bored fighting difficult content for a human illusion item than competing against a player using sitting in VT (if you can even call that "competing"). At least then we players would be on mostly level ground.
  2. Phrett Augur

I'm glad that there are still items out there that are hard to acquire and require extreme diligence or luck... don't instance the old content and ruin the last remaining bit of original EQ charm. Remember in the old days when you might see some uber high end player carrying an item that you'd never seen before and weren't likely to see again. Those days are pretty much gone, and the game is less thrilling sadly.

The last time I felt that rush was when my druid (then my main) completed a set of Elysian armor in UP and snagged the Bone Handled Scimitar from the Grey. Those were painful camps and constantly contested, but the feeling of achievement after getting it done was euphoric.
    TheQxx likes this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Let's see we have "EZ mode", "WoW", and "In my day" arguments all in the same thread. Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?
  4. Obiziana Augur

I believe that it's a sign of highly effective trolling... Kudos to the OP!
    Mellifleur likes this.
  5. Noobieguy Augur

There is a clickie in VT I would love to get, but will not be keeping a toon there 24/7 for weeks on end. I would love instancing, that way at least you can have a chance to try to get one without having to deal with others perma farming it.
  6. krozman Augur

Plane of time is instanced, and I still havent got my Symbol of the Planesmasters. Nobody seems up in arms about everyone getting a shot at that. I think the only barrier to this discussion is the devs finding time to make it instanced.
  7. Kurayami Augur

People just seem under the illusion that having to brainlessly check for respawns of rare named with extremely long respawn times that are almost always killed on the spot is fun. Not sure what EQ they played, but i recall staying awake for 4 days straight to hold the Hadden camp before the bastard dropped a fishbone earring. I also recall waking up/coming back in every 4-6 hours (whatever the posky respawn time was) to clear the fairy island for 2 weeks or so to acquire 1 blade of abrogation for SK 1.0. I also recall killing over 200 undead dragon things over a few weeks in plane of hate just to get ONE epic drop. How about fights over the Ancient Cyclops in South Ro, anyone miss those? Was also great fun when my group in Najena who had been working hard to get into Drelzna's room nearly got usurped by a higher level group who just breezed right in. They failed since we made a wall out of our group to defend our camp at the door.

Nice to get done, sure. Do I feel like I have been made a better player or my experience has been empowered somehow by having to waste that much time for a great many items, absolutely not. Back between 1999-2003 or so, I was a kid with nothing better to do then do these so called legendary camps. These days I have a wife, kids, many responsibilities, and I'm not stupid enough to want to play this way again. Make a challenging task sure, a quest with many subquests fine, but don't ask me to camp items for months on end like an idiot again against mobs trivial 6 years ago. I have no need for ANY items from any of the above mentioned zones, I already have all of them, but I can fully understand people not wanting to fight for camps against people who permanently camp mobs, possibly just for their alts.

There is no charm to doing that, just wasted skill and effort.
    Orbicus likes this.
  8. Xirtket Augur

There's nothing wrong with leaving the old content the way it is, it might suck camping stuff for what seems like forever, but it's part of EQ, it's part of what EQ was, and will most likely never be again, I say leave it, it gives people the opportunity to experience things the old way.

Let's make everything instanced, we can each even have our own PoK!!

Also, just because you have a wife and kids doesn't mean the game should be adjusted to suite your needs/wants. I too have a wife and kids now, but I would never ask for game changes. After reading your multiple posts on this topic, you sound bitter towards people who HAVE put in the work to get said items.. Also I believe you're on the Emarr server, and if so, I've been to quite a few of these old zones and found the mobs up with no one around, sorry they're not up when you're on, but that's just how it goes sometimes.
  9. Kurayami Augur

Should really try reading my whole post before you make statements like that.

Obiziana likes this.
  10. Xirtket Augur

Ok, let me rephrase, maybe not bitter towards any one person or people, but just bitter.
  11. Kurayami Augur

Nope, keep trying, you bound to hit it eventually.
  12. Xirtket Augur

elaborate then? it all sounds like complaints to me.. 200 dragons for this, waking up every 4-6 hours for that, it was all your choice to do so, and you then come and complain about it.
  13. Kurayami Augur

I used those examples to point out that I know all too well what the original EQ camps were. I obviously found them important enough at the time to go to such extreme measures, otherwise I wouldn't have done them. I don't agree with this idea that they were magically fun, gratifying and charming as many old timers seem stuck on, I found them about as exciting as XP camps, no real challenge for me to go against. Just the same mobs dying again and again in hopes of the RNG accidentally giving me an item.

Due to the fact I would like the game to persist and keep running, I support moves that support growth and attract new players. Just because I had to do such camps doesn't mean newcomers should have to if they want the same convenient items. Everything else is already easy mode anyways, why not let them spend their time more effectively?
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Xirtket Augur

I think the moral of what I was getting at is similar to the cliche saying of "know where you're going, but don't forget where you came from" if that makes sense? lol.. I only vote for certain things to remain the way they were because it feels like the only original EQ that's left, back when it was actually a very hard game, and a real challenge. It wasn't all about instant gratification back then. Take for instance, the quest in the new EW that involved snow bunnies, people wanted more, and they got more, years ago that most likely wouldn't have happened. I love a good challenge, and while the /con of the mobs might not be anything notable, the RNG certainly is a challenge.
  15. Kurayami Augur

Guess we can call it a difference opinion then Xirtket, I find this kind of challenge to be mostly in keeping awake/interested. Probably why I am failing the VoA tear challenge miserably, lol. No one is wanting to steal away this kind of challenge for us, we can still try to find that troll up in the karanas if we really want to get bags that way still. It is still possible to enjoy the camp that is Hadden if you really want to get enduring breath that way and want to avoid the 5 million faerune helms out there.

No one is wanting to take our items or memories of how we got them away either, the memories are really what the old timers are wanting to hang onto right? No patch or change will steal those, for good or bad. I simply like the idea of letting new people have a chance to catch up, even on mostly useless fun items such as orb of confusion. Which I totally own, and sometimes click still. Not nearly as fun as the beer dispensing mask though. I totally turn pok into a beer garden some nights.
  16. TheQxx Augur

The same type of people that would mindlessly equate Plane of Time with NToV or VT would naturally see no problem instancing these other zones. Derp.
    Phrett likes this.
  17. Kurayami Augur

Believe I have found the source of this bitterness you were talking about Xirtket, seems it wasn't me.
  18. TheQxx Augur

19. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

I am going to close this down now. Thank you for the feedback, but posts should be constructive and on topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.