"Temple of Veeshan will no longer load balance"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Apr 19, 2016.

1. DryalRmog Augur

Saw this in the patch notes, curious why?

We don't want people farming HoT and Kael armor?

Any mobs with MoTM on it wont spawn in Instances, so why are we getting rid of instances?
  2. Finley Augur

That seems like a really odd choice. I personally didn't want to farm TOV trash for armor drops... but I seem to recall it happening fairly frequently back in the day on my live server.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Kuldiin likes this.
  4. Ducreux Augur

Maybe it's to keep people from sitting in a pick and waiting to pick over for sniping dragons? Only thing I can think of that makes sense...but not really.
  5. yukan Augur

I really hope Daybreak considers fixing this. A small raid of 30 decent people can easily keep all of HoT down. Many times since Velious launch, including recently, there have been 4-5 separate groups or raids going in various picks. It's going to be a pretty big issue having only the main pick available.

If I had to guess, people were farming things like the flurry drakes to give them easier access to their loot table, which is what caused the need for the change. Honestly though, none of the big guilds had been doing this, and even if they were, it seems like a pretty small issue at best.

I really see no real upside to why this happened, and yet there will be huge downsides to the congestion that will be created in HoT and WToV. Daybreak can we please get an explanation as to why this change happened? And more importantly I would like to see it reversed. It reminds me of the chaos of not having plane of fear or hate instances.
    Sophism likes this.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

One of the things I've always really appreciated about the League of Legends patch notes is the running commentary detailing the reasoning behind changes.

Some stuff doesn't need much explanation, sure, but other times the reasoning behind changes is just not readily apparent at all.
  7. GrugSA Augur

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

9. Zanador Elder

My money is on they don't want a guild to do to Vulak what was done to AoW, getting tons of extra people in main instance through picking shenanigans
  10. Ducreux Augur

I mean, the main instance shouldn't have a player cap anyway, right? At worst this makes it more of a PITA for guilds on RF to compete, as a guild could simply park 200+ bodies in ToV permanently and just block access to the zone as even "uncapped" zones tend to stop letting in people around 250.
  11. Miss Shortcake Elder

We'll never have nice things, because they're too busy fixing what ain't broke.
    Qelyn likes this.
  12. Kiani Augur

There was no "pick shenanigans" involved. Darkwind would have got those people in for AoW even if no other pick had been available.

This is nothing to do with circumventing zone caps, though. They are already removing then.

I suspect there's too much high end armour coming into the world or something like that.
  13. Zool Elder

14. Finley Augur

Can't Daybreak do some polls to get feedback. Not polls where they become beholden to the population; but just some information gathering so they can make informed decisions. I know sometimes the average player doesn't actually know what they want; but does anyone actually want what we're getting?

I'm at the point where I am just hanging out for post-POP life on Phinigel. Everything about raiding is fun except the actual encounters.
  15. Kiani Augur

I hope this isn't because of the RMT-ers farming Halls of Testing 24/7.
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

inb4 Tulgin barges in here to say open world sucks and is for no lifers with no skill or arena ratings.
    PathToEternity and Qelyn like this.
  17. Zool Elder

If thats the case they should ban the farmers and not lockout middle tier guilds onnce again...ffs you keep failing this over and over again.

Other servers are allowed to have instanced raidbosses and zones but we cant even have /picks to get minior targets to raid even?

Please explain this....
  18. Zartayn New Member

I fail to see this as being anything but a knee-jerk reaction to some danger to raiding that DBG hasnt revealed...

The result will be forcing everyone outside top guilds to make Thurgardin armor and accept that everything else is monopolized by top guilds?
  19. Garanle Elder

As long as there is an instance version with an agent of change that should be fair. Something like the 1 week on named 2-3 day on the non for farming gear. Least for Phinny where the idea is you can play through the expansion in 3 months.
  20. Zartayn New Member

@Garanle
    Sadly, that doesnt help us much on Ragefire and Lockjaw ;)