Tempest Temple "Clearer Skies" mission much harder now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chordling, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Did you PM him to ask for clarification?
  2. Motherlee Augur

Is there another way to interpret that? It sounds clear to me but I have a type of autism.
    Rivitt and disgruntled like this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I agree that it definitely sounds like it is not up for discussion anymore. That why I am curious what he told you if you PMed him.
  4. Motherlee Augur

I messaged him with my sympathy. I would not want that job for any amount of money.
  5. Motherlee Augur

How does this make you all feel?

Tempted to post in the 'devs treating us with disdain (sic)' thread. How about someone else put your neck out there?
    Rivitt likes this.
  6. Coronay Augur

This is your quest only you can finish it.
    Darkark likes this.
  7. Motherlee Augur

I didn't start it! :p
  8. Laronk Augur

Really to me it looks more that he wasn't ok with the tone of your post,
    Here's how you should make your post

Title: List of mob types that are harder now after patch on xxx to relax restrictions on mobs

Hi Devs, after your patch on xxx some mobs are harder than before but reading the patch notes this does not seem intended:

Reviewed the majority of enemies in Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea zones with regards to immunity to runspeed changes, mesmerization, stun, lull, charm, and fear, and removed or relaxed restrictions on most NPCs."

Some mobs effected
    all Goblins in TT are now unmezzable
    Snow Griffins in Eastern Wastes(ROF) can no longer be snared
    ect

Then people will respond to your post and your post is constructive and provides real information to the devs.
    Tarvas and Motherlee like this.
  9. Motherlee Augur

Some people made lists. I give up. Nobody, in charge, cares about this game anymore.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

^ an example of not constructive (and not true) commentary. I've had countless differences of opinions with SOE/DBG. Many of which I've felt went to game integrity or stare decisis. Believe me, they care - a lot. And no, I won't be party to an "here's an example of them not caring" debate.

^ an example of constructive commentary.

Adding comments like "Devs couldn't program their way out of a paper bag" are inflammatory and intended to provoke an emotional response. At best the useful content in such posts will be noted, if it does identify an oversight perhaps scheduled for correction, and no developer feedback provided (why would a dev step into a hornet's nest?). At worst the poster and therefore their posts get ignored requiring someone else to bring the issue up to those who might address it.

And yeah, I'm aware of ASD and the possibility that a person might have issues with social appropriateness or the relative importance of things. Let's keep in mind that people need to be comfortable being who they are and expressing how they feel/telling it like it is (for them). I know that in this case there's no anti-social intent. One still needs to resist the urge to cuss in church (DBG's website).
  11. Darkark Augur

Well, I have to say, for the most part this this thread is taking a turn for the better. I like :)
  12. Motherlee Augur

Good luck with that.
    I'm emotional. I'm tired. I tried. I don't have enough years left to try to bail out a boat that's got a cannonball sized hole in it.
  13. teduke Journeyman

There have been multiple bug requests posted regarding the situation. There have been no responses or acknowlegements. Not bashing the devs, just asking for a simple clarification.
    disgruntled likes this.
  14. Toxicaust Journeyman

Bump, still an issue that caused me to reroll my class.

Maybe one of the features of the next expansion is the removal of Necromancers altogether? ;)
    disgruntled likes this.
  15. disgruntled Augur

Nah, the devs like necros. It's enchanters who keep getting kicked in the teeth.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Starting an entirely new class over again simply because of one mission seems a bit extreme.
  18. Toxicaust Journeyman

Rivitt likes this.