Tempest Temple "Clearer Skies" mission much harder now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chordling, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Duhbeast Augur

I was just referring to the fact that if it can be molo'd by someone, then it can be done if you get a full group. Or are you really bad but still try to molo? Or maybe he wants to box but not invite people to help or friends? Please don't try to adjust content to what is boxable for bad players.
  2. Motherlee Augur

I agree. Progression missions should be easier for casuals.
    I think they shouldn't have so much difficulty that a merc tank can't survive with slows and two healer mercs. (I'm looking at you, TDS.)
  3. segap Augur

I did all of TDS progression in group gear (cotf t2) with one merc tank and one merc healer (no healers in my group) along with enchanter slows where needed. None of them were challenging or difficult in any way. I don't believe I wiped on a single one of them either. I think I hit 105 around Degmar.
  4. WhycantIlogin New Member

This thread isn't about how this mission is "too hard" or whatever. Its about how the mission is harder than it was before daybreak lied broke a bunch of stuff, the mezzable nature of the mobs in this mission included. Even if YOU can still molo it, that information (while inflating your ) is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Please keep it on topic.. the mission was x difficulty, now its x+1 difficulty simply because whatever script they ran to change mezzable status broke a bunch of stuff inside instances.

I just did burden of the past for the first time, you know what, that mission isn't that hard with the right tactics, BUT apparently its harder than it was, and THAT is the point of these threads.
  5. WhycantIlogin New Member

And sorry im going to call BS if you are saying you did castle relic (degmar HA) with 1 merc tank and 1 merc healer and no mage pet to tank the bosses.
    I would believe it if you said on the boss mobs you swapped the merc tank to a second healer and tanked with a pet but that's just beyond absurd to claim a merc tank can do that.
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. roguerunner Augur

A merc can tank it, use a real cleric to heal and/or someone to slow the boss.
  7. Motherlee Augur

Uh no. We've NEVER had a mercwar survive that one room in Castle where the papers are flying all over. AND IIRC they're not mezzable. If mercs could do that, all my toons wouldn't be stuck at Castle Degmar. And nothing after that is merc-able. Bad design.
  8. teduke Journeyman

The name of the company may have changed but attitude to the players is the same. Refusal to even acknowledge that their actions in the last patch are completely the opposite of the written notes. Step up DBG - was it a mis-worded message or mistaken programming?
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Motherlee Augur

The people who are doing TDS flagging this late need help, not nerfs and stone-walling from the people who flip the switches on this .
  10. Bigstomp Augur

So... you expect a fake tank and 2 fake healers to win? Why not grab a real tank and 1 real healer, and fill that group up with real people who can dps or CC or help out in some way.
    As soon as you add 3 mercs, there will be things you cannot do.

A merc was meant to replace ONE role in the group. If you couldn't find a healer, you could deal with one. If you couldn't find a tank, you could deal with one.
    I'm still waiting for my mez or puller merc.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Motherlee Augur

Real tanks are already done with that expansion. We have a former raid druid doing it and she can't keep the merctank up. The current design mentality is, 'You snooze, you lose.' The changes to cc methods on top of that say, 'Screw you.'
  12. Triconix Augur

Perfect description. This is the design of all content in a nutshell.

The replay-ability is horrendous in almost all current content. You get rewarded for completing it once and there is no reason to ever go back. You get nothing - or very very little - for doing content over again and it's not worth the time, effort, and struggle to get people together to finish it if you're lagging behind. You don't get item rewards for doing content over, you don't get very good exp, and it certainly isn't that fun. The trifecta of complete uselessness. Current design pretty much forces/encourages boxing, but only dps and healing mercs are effective enough to progress. Tank mercs are virtually useless and so incredibly inferior it's mind boggling. Unless you have a pocket tank with fairly good gear/AAs you will struggle at higher levels of progression.

And the fact is, not many people are willing to do something they aren't invested in or currently working on. It's rare to find people willing to help others when they can be doing their own thing on their own time and get their own rewards without worrying about competition. People are naturally greedy and that's not refutable. Unless you're in a small cliche that's willing to help each other, but the odds are that they're done with TDS at this point (most likely done within the first couple months). I see it everywhere I go - people calling for help, LFG, etc and others just continue to box. It's the mentality of 1) the players and 2) game design and it's not going to change now or ever.
  13. Motherlee Augur

You nailed it. In HOT, the players who had already beaten the missions got good enough experience they were willing to do it again. Then SoE decided we had to have fun their way and nerfed the xp in the missions. I'm doing HOT tasks for enchanters now. You can spend all night killing in regular Feerott and get one AA. It's so discouraging to see something you love stomped into the ground.
  14. bard007 Augur

As a few people say the right tactics these missions are not that challenging, I have just re done all these progression missions for my shaman and chanter, and found no problems, things have changed so we need to change the way you think about the mission. I do have a real cleric, group regen and group heals is enough to keep my merc tank alive. Group make up is Bard Wizard Cleric Shaman Chanter, and a merc tank. No wipe, No Mezz, No Slow, just port onto island and assist merc, and burn with Wizard, (my main raid geared in ARX/COTF tier2) The mobs actually don't hit that hard, I think they tuned down the damage as there is 3/4 mobs at a time on a island. Very doable.

hehe is find this funny, I farm this mission for Pieces of 8, to gear my alts and its a good burn for them on LOTD clearing before killing commander, once cleared, I will engage commander, use aa and clicks on bard and wizard chanter shaman, get mob to 30% he runs off, I repull with bard aa and clicks still running burn commander dead. works well. - I use a Merc Tank, that's it and as above I have the same group make up, the boss is not that hard, again I do have a real cleric, so AA clicks and epic clicks are the win here, I think its nice to have a few new challenges, and think the game has made a few good changes, but still not 100% happy with some changes.

Burden of the past hasn't changed for me, still one of the easiest chests to farm for spells armor. I use bard to pull, no mezz needed. :)
  15. Motherlee Augur

Well aren't you special? I suppose you're in ROI too?
  16. Zunnoab Augur

Has this ever been acknowledged? Has any player feedback at all been acknowledged about the nerfs to begin with, much less this clear mistake?

It reminds me of when House of Thule was new. During beta they announced Upper House would have paths free of see invis mobs to get to the other zones. People insisted that it wasn't the case. The dev responsible ignored the bug reports and massive feedback that it wasn't the case insisting that they were made to not see invis. It turns out that dev changed the raid instance and not the normal zone, and because the feedback/bug reports were acknowledged (and ignored with a "I know I fixed this" hand wave) the zone went live with the see invis everywhere, and got patched later. I am not saying this is a bad dev or anything, but I am criticizing the total lack of engagement over the sweeping nerfs, and in this case mistake.

Seriously... just a simple acknowledgement of this mistake would go a long way.
    Motherlee and Mayfaire like this.
  17. bard007 Augur

special? haha no, just playing the game and answering questions players have made .. No I am not in ROI.
  18. sifonin Augur

I would have to agree with bard007 on this. Is it annoying that the patch changed mobs who were previously mezable to non mezable, yes. However, this mission is nowhere near impossible. Or even that much harder to be honest. Yes this requires a group of decently geared toons that have a general idea of how to play their class. I also found the individual mobs dps on the islands to be toned down to account for four mobs. They also have low hp.

Recently when I was flagging my alt monk thru Dredge I noticed that the mobs that spawn on the last step of the second solo task when you pick up holmeins log book, were no longer mezzable, and resisted almost all cc in threw at them. After wiping, I decided to call in some backup, and with another dps and extra healer, I was able to feign the mobs on monk and split the two with silent displacement on my bard. The point being that when facing adverse circumstances, one must adapt their play style in order to beat that content.
    bard007 likes this.
  19. Motherlee Augur

I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOU ARROGANT PRICKS CRITICIZING EVERYONE ELSE'S ABILITY! They are what they are! The content is supposedly designed to the middle and not to you!:mad:
  20. segap Augur

When you keep implying that since you cannot complete it, you believe no one can, you should expect people saying they're having no problems.

I helped with clearer skies a week ago. Aggro range on those islands was near non-existent. If you bunch up around each mob, you can likely fight one at a time with no cc needed. I believe you also said you have an enchanter. You could ditch the tank merc and one of your healer mercs for for two dps wiz mercs and use the enchanter as the tank. There's two strategies that can likely get you past.