Tells window option stoped working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zataos, May 30, 2020.

1. Zataos Journeyman

i don't know how to describe steps to reproduce what happend but i was mid raid and my tell windows stopped working and they started going to my spam window i tried re-logging even camped back to desktop but i can not get the option to turn back on every thing i have tired just results in tells going to a normal chat window
  2. Shasti New Member

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but a similar issue has happened to many of us on raids, especially while taking /tell for DKP bids on items. The issue seems to be caused by hitting the maximum limit of tells from different people, after that it "breaks" and stops popping up tell windows, simply just dumping everything into the main chat window. A simple fix that worked for us seems to be, to reset your UI settings "in game". Fastest way is to Options window (Alt-O) > Copy Layout (button) > Select a character that has the same UI interface and resolution settings. You should NOT have to check the boxes for Hot Buttons, Loadouts, or Socials, unless you want to actually copy / overwrite those as well. If you have to "fix" the issue from scratch by deleting and reinstalling your UI files. Then make sure you go to some alt you never really use, even if its on a different server, "copy" the newly set up UI files to that character in game, and then when you have your tell windows blow up again, due to tell spam or dkp bidding. You should be able to just fix it, by copying that unused alt's UI settings, to fix your character.
    Zataos likes this.
  3. Zataos Journeyman

that work out well thank you