Not A Bug Telgrith, Black Legion Captain not spawning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by pIRATEIBMOz, Jul 10, 2022.

1. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Jul 10 16:34:26 2022

Character: Level 75 Monk (Main)
    Zone: Direwind Cliffs

Description: For the quest Confession for Fergarin arc i have been killing mobs in Direwind Cliffs for over 5 hours now to get the required named mob to spawn. The mob is Telgrith, Black Legion Captain. This is required for Frostcrypt progression and with TSS about to launch on TLP this may need to be looked into.
    Skeetic, Bobbybick, Hadce and 7 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

As its a quest mob and not a rare named, it's more than likely locked behind TSS launching.
  3. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

Howdy! not sure I fully understand your reasoning there. I have tested trying to get this mob to spawn on both the Test server and the Luclin-Stromm live server while having the group mission assigned to me and killing in the designated spawn area for hours to the point the missions 6 hour timer expires without seeing it spawn. While I understand both Test and Current Live servers are past the TSS launch, the quests should still function normally in them. This is what has me concerned as 2 TLP servers will be hitting TSS next week and not being able to complete this mission will halt all progression on half of the end expansion content.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Ok didn't look like you were looking for it on live from your report.

It's a quest mob, not a rare named mob so there is no "PH" it could spawn anywhere. Allah has it marked as having a 16 min respawn.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=23186

Ignore that one dot to the south someone must have pulled the mob away and killed it there. It spawns in the northern most area, is that where you are? Are you checking the whole area or just one particular loc? Did you bring a tracker to see if it's already up somewhere?
    https://eq.magelo.com/npc/93022
  5. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

I have been killing all Black Legion mobs in the northern area of Direwind as they respawn, its about 45 static mobs and about 11 to 12 roaming mobs. I had a ranger with me tracking with auto update looking to see if was up somewhere else and I was missing it. In the 6 hours I saw the Hammerhand and Archer named mobs pop aprox 6-8 times each. I had heard stories on previous TLP that rare mob spawn rates being increased could mess with the quest mob spawning which is why I waited until the bonus was over to test.
    Ivoridawn likes this.
  6. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

Doing some further research using your link for Alla's site (I had already been through most comments to find out what I could about the mob, as well as looking at Magelo to find spawn locations), the latest post is from Feb of 2022 and states they farmed it as well for 5 hours and never saw it spawn. The last TLP to launch TSS was Mangler back in May of 2021. After about 4 months and 2 new expacs releasing starting in Sept 2021 there prolly haven't been very many people trying out this specific quest line on any live or TLP servers or test. It seems like something may have bugged this mobs spawn pretty hard.
  7. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

Tried this on a different live server and had another person try on a 3rd different live server. The Cazic server got it to spawn fairly quickly and a player already there said they had seen it a few times. On Tunare it spawned after 2 hours of straight killing everything in the area. No luck on Luclin-stromm yet at 7 hours 30min. Something seems very off with this mob
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

So Telgrith has an interesting issue that you may have been running into if you were farming him during 4th of July bonus. The way it was explained to us when we ran into the problem years ago on Phinigel was that the bonus rare chance causes the spawnpoints to always try to pop Kendra the Archer or one of the other named in that area because it was exceeding 100% chance at a named. Even if the named were left up elsewhere it would default back to a regular NPC as a failsafe, effectively ALWAYS skipping a chance to pop Telgrith.

This is probably something that should be fixed because TLPs launching TSS during a bonus will always always run into this issue but likely won't pose a problem for you guys in a few weeks. We only managed to get past it on Phinigel after a GM disabled the rare chance bonus in the base zone and then suddenly after 8 hours of nothing we had more than enough Telgriths popping.
  9. pIRATEIBMOz Apprentice

i did some research for specifically this issue and found this article https://legacy.zam.com/story.html?story=37776 which inside shows they fixed that from happening specifically for Telgrith.
    *** NPCs ***

- Rare spawn bonuses will no longer prevent Telgrith, Black Legion Captain from spawning in Direwind.
    What seems weird to me is that the mob just has an unreal spawn rate now it seems. It may be different once TSS launches on the TLP but from all the testing ive been doing its pretty bad. Still havent seen it spawn on test server after 8 hours and saw it finally spawn on Luclin -Stromm server after 9 hours. If it is just a random good luck hope you get it to spawn i can live with that, just seems like something could be effecting its spawn rate considering in the past without that rare bonus messing with it the spawn rate was much better
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is not a bug. He does spawn. BUT! he is rare AND there can very well be confusion with Hammerfist the Champion as their placeholders share the same name.

I'm creating a ticket to change the names of the placeholder for Hammerfist the Champion so you can focus on the correct placeholders. This will NOT be in the July patch, and has also not been scheduled yet.
    pIRATEIBMOz, Nennius and minimind like this.