Teleport to Guild Hall Anchor AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jack, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Jack Elder

Hello. Today I would like to talk about the cast time on Teleport to Guild Hall Anchor AA. In today's game, there is no reason why this has a cast time of 20 seconds. Back when you were able to utilize TL boxes on raids, this cast time made sense. Since TL's no longer work in combat, there is no reason for it to take 20 seconds to cast this spell. A cast time of 3 seconds seems like a reasonable ask for today's game.
  2. Iuwene Augur

And to add to this, can we please make it so, that only members of the casters guild get the notification at all?
    What good does it do if person A in guild B receives the notification to be ported to guild hall C, which they have no access to?
    I always feel bad when casting it myself in PoK.
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Some guilds keep their guildhall open to others for the Explorer achievments or to use port clickies or whatnot.

Better solution would be to put a toggle in for players to automatically decline non-guild TL or port notifications.
    Vumad, Rijacki, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The changed back to restriction on having to be out of combat for TLs.

I think the restriction only lasted about a month or two.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Because it would be recursive searching (or otherwise have to do a whole table lookup, same reason find item doesnt search other peoples real estate and collected status is not displayed in inventory) and would put too much load to have to do that on every character in range. Id bet you are getting ported to a zone ID, which just has an accompanying display string, theres nothing intelligent about it.

TL > every character in range > port to zone ID > look up zone ID > search to match zone ID to guild ID > look up guild ID > search to match guild ID to members > match members to character > match rank to zone access
    Rijacki likes this.