Teek Quests

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CelesitneP, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CelesitneP New Member

Hello all

Returning player here. I noticed that I could accept lower level Teek quests. I have a heroic @ 85 and can accept the 80 one is it worth doing or no?

Thanks
  2. Quatr Augur

It varies depending on how quickly you can get to the hot zone, how long it takes to complete the quest and how many AAs you will get. Back when I was working on AAing my 105 Monk, I found that a quick trip to the Underfoot was worth my time because I could get 8-9 AAs and some cash for a trivial amount of work.
  3. Gundolin Augur

If you can navigate the three hot zones in time they can be great to take the 75, 80, and 85 Pop your lesson just before finishing the 75 for the xp bonus, then hit the 80 and 85 if you can hit all three within the space of the lesson. Good xp bonus.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I think the issue is that you can look for a toon who might be doing them and join them and learn from that toon what is the best to due and maybe a EQ friend to play with over time. Then you can show others. have fun
  5. CelesitneP New Member

Hello,

Thank you all for the helpful responses. CrazyLarth I totally agree with you. I used to play this game back a long time ago - late 90's early 00's when it was new and then again a few years ago and grouping was the big draw. It was a game where grouping was so important and the key to the experience. People have been very helpful in-game and on the forums.

Does this also give some decent regular XP as well? I am in no rush to max level but want to just play and have fun. I also am switching play from Shaman, Shadowknight, Beastlord and Ranger to the Druid.

Thanks
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

killing the 5 mobs in the task is the best task every body can due for very good exp generally but it depends on the quest lvl and your access to the zone and access to the mobs - so that verys it from Bad to Good exp.

make a custom map folder and make maps of the quests mobs for kills -

Mark on your maps where you killed that type of mob at - over time your be speed kills the 5 mobs or know if the task is worth doing or not.

like killing 5 frogs - their are normally around 8 frogs up in that zone in so it depends if someone was before you and are any up and how long you wait.

These zones are considered a small bonus EXP for killing also besides the task but they are not the best EXP in the game since they are usually outside zones.

most hot zones have a Free Aug
    Felicite likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As a returning player - yes do them. It will help you hone your skills and relearn the game while earning some plat, armor to sell or tribute or even wear. There are still augs that drop in hot zones which might be of benefit to you.
  8. Anhari Augur

Go ahead and do them. You do get a bonus xp for the zone since it is a hot zone and the gear may or may not be worth it. If you are lagging on the gear, then just wait till you can do the level 90 quest (you can get that once you get to level 86).

BTW, you DID do the J5 quest in Ferrott the Dream, right? If not, get your J1 and you silly butt into that zone and get that quest DONE ASAP!
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. Fluid Augur

One of the things that people haven't seemed to gravitate towards is one of the features you are kind of dancing around. :) All group kills in a hot zone count for the reward. This makes hot zone grouping one of the nicest things you can do for a lower level character. Let's say you & another level 85 character group with a level 70 to help them out. The group of three only needs five kills between them and they all get the reward. For the level 70, they get their cash and if you are generous, you and the other level 85 give them the reward armor you got. This frees up the level 70 to pretty much do whatever they want since they now have all the armor pieces they would get had they done the quest three times. The level 70 can repeat the quest and just sell the armor or do something they find more interesting. Of course this works for all levels but I don't think you will be in a shortage of gear situation for a while. Heroic come with a really nice starting set of gear.