Teek and Tormax are on the horizon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Five days to go!

Can we get confirmation of server unlock time please?
    Will the expansion unlocks will be on a Thursday?
    Will the year of Fippy Tower be open at launch even though the gear is out of era?
    Is there a server ready if Teek needs an overflow server?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It has been asked a few times already, can we get a tweek to the expansion unlocks

• Eight weeks later: Planes for Power and Legacy of Ykesha
    • Twelve Eight weeks later: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Four Eight weeks later: Gates of Discord
    Same total of weeks in PoP but an extra 4 weeks in LDoN

This would give those who do not raid, more opertunity for grouping.
  3. Psythis New Member

This has been asked several times and I don't see a response so far .. based on the fact that Teek is likely to have mah00sive queues, my wife and I would like to get a jump on queue camping and would appreciate an aproximate release time of the server. Many thanks.
  4. kain200 Augur

I think it usually is scheduled for 12pm PST on Wednesday. That said, it is common for there to be a small delay, sometimes opening closer to 1230 PST or so.

I also have a feeling there was one that opened at 2pm PST in the past. This is just a foggy memory though, I could be mistaken about this one.
  5. RanbanAdlerauge New Member

This may be why they are not announcing the launch time, we already believe it will be crowded with an excessive wait time to log in. If they announce a specific time, everybody and their brother will try and log in at that specific moment and bring the login server to a screeching halt.
  6. Tachyon Augur

props for using the word cadence, kind of outré
  7. Tachyon Augur

possible i've done it on other tlps
  8. phattoni Augur

the current unlock schedule will still allow casuals more grouping. all this does is blocks the people that actually play the game into a boring extra 4 weeks of plane of time, just so casuals can run around and do casual stuff, no thanks.
  9. Tachyon Augur

chill play on both servers to eat up time
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where do you get an extra 4 weeks of Plane of Time?

When I went to school 12 + 4 was the same as 8 + 8

It is the same amount of time for Plane of Time, you just get an extra 4 weeks of LDoN.
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

EDIT to the original post to reflect the time of 12 noon PDT as the launch time.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any answers to the other questions asked in this thread?

We didn't get a FAQ for these servers.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

What other information do you feel you need that would warrant an FAQ?
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Yes, this is allowed. As long as they are on different accounts.
  15. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

12:00 p.n. (noon) PDT
    Yes.
    Yes.
  16. Zlayer New Member

re: Tower loot

The level 55 Tower loot is significantly better than almost all gear from the level 60 (Kunark/Velious/Luclin) eras. Having all of it available will have similar consequences as having Defiant gear available, and should be mostly or completely unavailable during these eras just like Defiant gear.

Please reconsider.
    Aziuno, Doze, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  17. Klokk Journeyman

Totally agree. I just wanted to add that while this gear, in this era, will not make any one person super overpowered or break the game from a balance perspective, my concern is the itemization and how it impacts the core game loop in EQ.

We gain experience and power and are able to take on new content, and eventually raids which produces better loot. Looking at my gear plan for Teek, I'm concerned that there are no convincing raid upgrades until about the elemental planes for those slots offered by the tower. I'm worried about multiple expansions not feeling like I have much to do or work for. When it comes to non-raiders, group omens gear is a pretty fair comparison.

I'm also concerned for the economy which is usually exciting on freetrade/random loot servers. With how trivial it is to obtain the tower loot, at the moment, any time a shoulder, back, face, or neck drops - its worthless. The charm is cool though. Nothing competes with that slot in early EQ.

As time goes on, and if we follow the pattern so far, 12 of 21 gear slots will be invalidated for Teek and Tormax. I don't see any other server being impacted at the moment, so it seems to be a new TLP issue to me.

The tower is cool and fun. The rewards may not impact gameplay, but will absolutely have an impact on game loop.
  18. Bobsmyuncle New Member

The decision to keep this loot in the game is quite likely going to cause a huge Rukus for people on both servers. I am kind of shocked tbh of the shortsightedness.
  19. Arclyte Augur

Fippy Tower loot on a TLP launch is a mistake
  20. Saltybeans New Member

What is your justification for adding the tower loot "out of era"? The discussion must have taken place so I'm curious? From my perspective it completely shatters the main appeal of the server which is the loot availability and loot pinhatas. The only thing that drives that appeal for me is the ability to win some cool item that you either need or that is valuable to others and now you're basically saying that for 12/21 items this wont be a thing for the first what, 28 weeks? +1 on please reconsider.