Tech problems

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Durbah, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Durbah Lorekeeper

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. But I'm having some issues with the game. Last night I was raiding and doing just fine, then we went to fight the main boss and bam, i got hit with lag, like really bad lag, casted maybe 3 spells that whole fight bad.

Anyways, I assumed it was because of the raid force and all that. So I just split for evening so I wasn't hurting the raid.

Log back in today and it's still happening without the raid force. Like I can't even look at another PC without logging, groups of NPC's do the same. I pretty much turned all the graphics down to nothing and still can't get rid of this lag. Anyone have any idea what might have happened?

I updated my drivers, went into the advanced video settings and made sure all my FPS were maxed out. No idea what else I could do. Turned off all names and spell effects were just me and npc now it's set to none. I have no idea what else I could try to do.
  2. shiftie Augur

Turn your journal off?
  3. svann Augur

Could be having a computer problem. There are utilities that you can use to check cpu and gpu temps to see if there is overheat. Should be less than 90c, actually like 50c is ideal but some computers do go higher.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Try deleting your log file if you have logging on.
  5. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Its not a user issue. Its a server wide issue specifically occurring on FV for almost an entire month that has not been acknowledged by anyone from dbg.
  6. Durbah Lorekeeper

I finally fixed it, had to uninstall eq and reinstall it and it started working just fine. No idea what went wrong but glad I got it fixed. Even tho I don’t use the comp for anything I’m, shall I say wrong? Lol you know what I mean, but I scanned for malware and viruses found nothing, I then decided to test memory everything was fine. So I came up with it must be the game. Luckily the problem is solved thanks for the tips