Teach me how to be a good enchanter (again)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by TinTinTin, Mar 9, 2020.

1. TinTinTin New Member

To be brief, I last played EQ during TDS, where I levelled an enchanter up to 105 with almost all of the AA in the game (after AutoGrant), solid gear and 1.0 & 2.0. At the time I was doing some raiding in older content and, I think it's fair to say, capable at my class.

I'm trying to get back into it recently and I am overwhelmed. I've run into two problems: remembering how to use spells and abilities in a complementary fashion (I understand still the basics of crowd control) and maximizing DPS. I may have made a bit of an error choosing this class, but I don't want to start over. Even though I enjoy it, I'm not good at min-maxing for DPS purposes and I chose enchanter because I thought that it was still the unique support class from early EQ that was about making others better.

I would appreciate any and all advice about how to get back into the swing of things, to include how to use abilities/spells but also updating gear, where to level etc. One thing in particular that has me baffled is how to use all of the enchanters chromatic spells to optimise damage; there are so many of them and I just know that I am not using them in the optimal way.

Thank you in advance for any help.
  2. RPoo Augur

Hi, I'm betting someone is going to beat me to a very detailed post on spells and abilities to use. I actually just started learning how to record and post videos so maybe you'd like to watch that for an idea of what spells and such to use too. I'm a bit of a youtube newb and the account is shared with my daughter so not sure what else you might find there but i'm gonna start posting raid videos there.
    MasterMagnus and Szilent like this.
  3. Szilent Augur