TDS was small... TBM is smaller.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Vetplayer Elder

Why not get an extra 10% off the ftp players.
    It is a good idea. No pun toward ftp players.

Just, there was no ftp before.. be thankful you can still play ftp.
    AND.. you ARE getting ALL expansions with TBM.

This is why it is a discount.. you WILL put your money into a subscription for that month, and purchase the TBM with the discount... because it will unlock some AA's for ya too right?

So good investment.. unlock the AA's.. or blow the extra cash on the TBM without the discount/sub.

AND~ don't forget, it is 34.99 for the regular expansion instead of 39.99 /wink.

Enchanter .... " illusion''
    Nicely put :)

I like your guild.
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

Lila is just really happy they offer downloads these days... times used to be hard for poor Lila.

[IMG]
    Iila likes this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Lila?

This whole time i thought it was I L L A

WTF
  4. Vetplayer Elder

5. Leex Pewpewer

You sound like you're 15 and mad at the world. Go back to school.
  6. Vetplayer Elder

You have your quotes incorrect.
  7. Iila Augur

When they started offering downloads, it was faster for me to drive to 3 stores to find one with a CD, drive back home, and install it.
    You know how most paladins are completely awful, and it becomes an in-joke to act like those awful paladins when you're talking with the 4 other paladins who are able to /assist and cast spells?

Same idea.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

Real OG's remember when it was spelled I i l a
    Iila likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

Real OGs remember that Lila was literally never on innoruuk.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

I almost understood until you said /assist, you completely lost me at cast spells.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  11. Vrinda Augur

We should just give this guy an Epeen Uberduber title and be done with it. :)
  12. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Back to the topic of the thread for a second. I think we can all agree that the number of actual zones they give us can be deceptive. The actual size of the zone and how much content there is to do inside each zone is a better topic to raise a fuss over.

I'll take 3 dreadlands revamps over 3 surefall glade revamps any day... same goes for a new zone if its hardly a zone at all. If you're going to give us a small number of zones, then make them big and detailed please.
  13. Kobrah Augur

agree
  14. Triconix Augur

So you've spent roughly 28% of your life since you started playing in game. Or just under 6.75 hours a day!

Crazy to put it into more relatable numbers. I'd kill to have nearly 7 free hours a day :(
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Some of us have good jobs and allow us that. (I don't think I'm that high per day, maybe high 5's, and weekends ignored).

Either way, it's cheap entertainment. I personally play for free (kronos). But even if I didn't, 15 a month? try having a single beer in a bar weekly for that. I enjoy EQ, and playing often is not a bad thing.
    Elricvonclief and Kiillz like this.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Maybe its just the cheap dives i go to, but you can usually get a pitcher for less then 15 bucks. And everybody knows Happy hour > EQ. I mean its just science.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

First, we ignore the 10% because A) not everyone is a subscriber, B) it is simpler to compare using the round numbers, and C) the 10% off would be there regardless of any special reduced price we would have gotten if we had pre-ordered seeing as how it is there in addition to any sale prices they offer at any other time. So the 10% does not matter, and the price for the Premium Edition IS $140.

I think that a lot of the people are not interested in the Premium Edition (PE) or even the Collector's Edition (CE) because the pricing makes it unreasonable for a single copy much less multiple ones due to the fact that they chose not to use the traditional the special pricing on pre-orders of the CE and obviously did not extend them to the PE.

Pre-Order Exclusives (Time of Pre-Order = Time of Purchase):
    • The Broken Mirror Beta Access
    • Shroud of the Bokon (One per account, available at time of purchase, Illusion clicky)
    Included in Standard, CE, and PE (Price of $35):
    • Access to The Broken Mirror expansion content (7 zones [4 new, 3 revamped]; 15+ raids)
    • Access to all previous expansions content (Available at time of purchase)
    • 10 Illusion Key Ring slots on all characters on your account
    Included in CE, and PE (Additional cost of $55):
    • +10 Illusion Key Ring slots (One per account)
    • Shroud of Relife (One per account, Illusion clicky, benefits in TBM expansion [guessing faction?])
    • Satchel of Shattered Eternities (One per account, 40 slot bag, cannot claim on TLP server)
    • Touchstone of Health (One per character, Clicky Port to Plane of Health)
    • Cynosure of Health (One per character, Housing/Guild Hall item used to port to Plane of Health)
    • Contract of the Chosen (Merc Skin, benefits in TBM expansion [not sure how])
    • Reflections of Life in Decay (Housing/Guild Hall painting)
    Included in PE (Additional cost of $50)
    • 3x +10 Illusion Key Ring slots (One per account)
    • Pridewing Lion Mount (One per account, useable at level 1 scaling buff [at 105 = 1100hp, 900mana/end, +12 mana regen, and more than 100AC])
    If we price the mount at the highest price for a mount in the marketplace that would put it at a $30 value leaving the 3 sets of 10 illusion key ring slots being a total of $20; which would be close to what the mount key ring extenders go for.
    I suppose price wise for the post release, these are reasonable prices; but as a pre-order offer to entice people to purchase at least one or more of these higher end items it could use a bit more. I think that setting the pre-orders of the CE at $60-$70 and the PE at $95-$100, would result in a lot more up front sales as people who might at best buy the CE for their main, will instead buy the PE for their main; and while they might not even be sure if they are going to buy the standard edition for their boxes may be likely to go so far as to buy the CE for their boxes at that price.
    Rafather likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

I guess it's a mentality thing that I grew up learning. I'm not afraid to spend money when it comes to social things. I love my social life on the weekends and I love my job and the people in my job and the fact that it allows me to do things I love without too much worry right now. I guess I sacrifice weekday free time hours for the flexibility on the weekends. I'm still young so I try to live it up as much as I can! Also, I'm an avid reader and you'll find me sitting on a couch reading a book most weekdays after work rather than on EQ. It's one of my passions and it's something that I loved since I was just a little boy. To each their own is the best idiom to use, I suppose.

Anyways, it's just physically impossible for me to put in 5,6,7 hours a day playing EQ on a weekday when I'm out of the house for 15 hours or more. I guess if I want to sleep only 2 hours a night, sure, I can play that much. Is it a smart choice? Most definitely not. And for this simple fact is why some people will have an innate advantage to do things at a quicker pace, which is why I never got the point of people being so infatuated about the "race" or why people feel the need to flaunt it. All it comes down to is having the ability to have lots of free time. Especially in today's EQ where all quests are laid out for you in simple, easy to follow tasks, that generally are similar to previous expansions quests. It's not like the old days where you'd hail a npc and they may have some secret quest that you have to figure out with obscure clues.

And where do you live that it costs $15 a beer? In some of the most premium bars in NYC it's pretty hard to find a normal beer for that much. I'd say I live and go to places that are relatively expensive as I do live just outside Manhattan, but if I just keep to beers during a night, I won't be spending more than $50.00.
  19. Kiillz Augur

Brooklyn born and raised and $50.00 would be a bargain night out lol
    Bigstomp and Silv like this.
  20. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

/rant on

I dont like to post too much on these boards usually unless its constructive or helps but after watching the replay stream on the new expansion im just kind of shocked. Dont get me wrong, I respect and appreciate the devs, what they do and I know they have limited resources but I feel the company just doing what they can to soak up whatever money they can til they dump this ship.

CoTF came out. Never thought things could get this bad and then TDS showed up and made me rethink that. Now from what I seeing, I believe TBM will even surpass TDS in being the smallest content / worst challenging expansion yet.

While I think the day of the dead npcs are decent looking, a lot of this expansions graphics look like its from early EQ. I feel some of these zones were ripped straight from a game like toon town or free realms. It looks like kiddy stuff (even original eq didnt look as kiddish as some of these zones). What happened to the newish / smoother looking zones and expansions / zones that actually gave a sense of adventure, danger and realism. Plane of Health I believe it is, just seems like Windsong Sanctuary with a few small additions. While PoH / F revamps are somewhat cool we already had a revamped PoF in House of Thule. Just take that zone and copy paste raids instead of making another and wasting more time and resources. These zones and raids imo should be made or done in off time and not in the time or included in a real expansion.

Very disappointed by the graphics, the amount of zones, the amount of raids and even the prices for this. $35? come on. Glad to see it dropped at all from $40 but to charge 90 and 140 for some extra items that should be freebies regardless? Absolutely ridiculous this got even worse then TDSs extras. If people are actually paying these prices use the money to make BIGGER and BETTER expansion... and for the love of god stop spending so much time on the TLP servers. Its technical 1 split server when every other server is the normal game. You'd think they had their own game and team.

/rant off
    roguerunner, Kravitz, Karacho and 3 others like this.