TDS was small... TBM is smaller.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Symbius Augur

That's my biggest concern about TBM. Aristo has already proven he can barely manage to get spells in order, half of which usually are awful, but now he has Items as well.

It's going to be a mess with more on this guys plate.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

He only mentioned 1 spell per class.

Also 1 raid visible set, and 2 sets of non vis + weapons/shields/etc.

Group will probably mirror this. Especially how they mentioned the Hate/Fear gear being.

It sounded like gear was basically already done, and spell are now being worked on.

In RoF and maybe later expansions they also let every Dev name items and Chandrok wasn't the only one naming things, so could be whoever is free is helping name stuff too.
  3. Crystilla Augur

It's actually 75+ have new group content and raids in this expansion.

Problem is, as devs have said, those who aren't at least 75 yet have a high chance of not wanting to be higher level because they like that lower level content - of which there is many many more expansions for the lower crowd than there is for the higher crowd. 13 which are <=75 +2 more with 75+ content for a total of 15 ... and ... 8 which are >=75 (3 are 76-85, 3 which are 86-100, 2 which are 75+)
  4. Triconix Augur

I just hope that the mount for buying the premium edition isn't the best buff for that slot. Hearing that it's better than gunthak 2.0 is quite disappointing (minus the 150 spell damage reduction). I hope they have plans on upgrading gunthak or giving us a new one through gameplay. Pay for Power isn't a cool move when considering a best in slot.

Personally, I just forked a good chunk of change to DBG for...well....changes that I didn't think it would be smart to pay an extra $100.00 again this month in order to get the best in slot for a piece of gear over something that I worked pretty hard acquiring not too long ago, relatively speaking.

*rapidly shuffles through the forums and digs up the Play to Win thread*
    *laughs at people who thought Play to Win wasn't real in EQ*
  5. Whulfgar Augur

7 raids, to 15 Raids .. You math wrong ..

You need to down said raids, before you can start itching about them .. Never knew people would itch about DOUBLED amount of raids, when in TDS all they cried about was not enough raids !

Dont go away mad .. Just go away then ..

See you when TBM is out, and you itching how hard it is, because you were not there when it launched an everyone's progressed beyond you, an no longer really playing the game outside of the 15+ raids ..
    Kiillz likes this.
  6. maverick Elder

I am glad they did not include a level cap increase.

Had they done so , no matter how unhappy and dissatisfied I was, I would have bought it,

The fact they are saying there will only be one set of gear for Group and 1 for Raid, and mostly revamped old stuff with a touch of new, and I am sure it will also be just more ranks of the same aas and spells regurgitated......As soon as I seen no level cap , and then $140 ($50 more than Collectors) for a Lion Mount and some added illusion key ring slots, I could not believe that ....

The Collectors is already $50 more than the standard, but at least there is 7 things extra for that $50 , why then $50 more for only 1 extra item and 30 additional illusion keys ring slots?????

Anyways I lost my original point, but the only reason I have bought so many of the last handful of expansions was due to the level cap increase, and now thankfully I do not have that hanging over me to suede me into buying something that I am,other than a level cap increase, rather disappointed in

And now I will say the same thing everyone else says...

We are obviously all wanting to be here playing EQ, that is why we have stuck through it even though there is a multitude of other things out there, This game holds a special place in our hearts and we do not want to see it die, but continually forking over money hoping it will get better is getting OLD... What are you doing to EQ,?

The ground work is laid for something amazing here and the community is loyal and I know there is a great deal of others that stuck it out a long time before finally giving up , that would come back in a flash is things changed...
  7. Xanathol Augur

Measuring an 'expansion' only by the number of raids is laughable, especially when half of those are rehashes. There are 3 repopped olds zones and 4 new zones, 2 of which are really the same one, just repopped / 'rethemed'. That is miniscule.

People were wondering what a 'campaign' was - well, this is it. Calling a duck a goose doesn't magically make it so.
  8. Silv Augur

Just imagine what an 'actual' campaign will look like if this is an 'expansion'.
    Imrahil and Mayfaire like this.
  9. maverick Elder

1 new zone, 2 raids
    Silv likes this.
  10. maverick Elder

1 set of Heroes Forge for only cloth and leather,,, the other Campaign would have chain and plate.... 3 upgraded spells and abilities, and 10 namedes across 2 zones and 100 HME boost on gear
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

For those asking, it says at https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content (when you hover your mouse over the Illusion Key Ring Feature)

"Every character on your account will get a 10-slot key Ring to store illusions. You can add slots with marketplace items as you need them!"

What this means is buying Standard edition TBM gets you 10 slots for every character on the account.

For more slots, it is Per Character. So with the Collector's Edition, you get 10 more slots for one character only. With the Premium Edition, you get 40 more slots (than Standard) which you can divide up into 10 slot amounts to give to either 10 for 4 characters, 20 for 2 characters, or any other combination.

I would also assume that the Marketplace will be selling 10 slot upgrades per character for some price, but that is just an assumption.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Prob the same 80 DBC each like mount key ring and buyable in chunks of 5
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Tell me exactly How long it took your guild to down Plane of war ? (Exact dup of Brothers Zek from SoD)

You clearly are doing 1 of two things here ..

1)- did not pay attention to the actual pod cast, as she stated its not a "Campaign" it is an Expansion which indicates via her flat out bluntly stating .. there is a complete difference between the two.

or ..

2) - You are attempting to put words, where CLEARLY .. words already were thus reading something into what was / could not be made any clearer ..

Either way I see your points as nothing sept itching .. just to itch ..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Sancus and Axxius like this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

TDS people itched .. "MOAR RAIDS" ..

They double the amount of raids, and you think thats laughable ? Dude i get it, you do not like EQ anymore .. soo easy fix .. kick rocks, go pay some one else your monies, to play their games. Eq will still be here long after you kick rocks bud.
    Sancus and Kiillz like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Definitely more. From Elidroth's reply, it looks like there are 12 real raids and 3 minis. We'll know for sure in 3 weeks once Beta opens.
  16. Axxius Augur

Because testing and tuning 12 raids in 2 weeks (hail, design lock!) sounds unrealistic. CotF was released with 4 raids and then we had separate betas for the other tiers. TDS had only 7 raids, and 1 of them went live untuned and stayed that way for 4 months until 'a bug' was fixed. Plus a number of lesser bugs in most of the other raids.

Allocating 2 (or even 3) weeks to test 12 raids is the same as the Tower of Rot 'beta' - remember how well that one worked out? I hope we don't end up with half of these raids going live in the ToR/Ghost state.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

It could be up to 4 weeks before design lock. They said they want content more complete then ever before it is beta tested, but who knows how that attempt turns out :p.
  18. Kravitz Augur

Beta starts on November 18th. It goes Gold, fall of 2016.:)
    Sancus, Xanathol, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  19. segap Augur

The last patch should be an example. Within a day or two, plenty of reports from people that test copied about wizards being broken. Yet, with something the size of a patch, they weren't able to respond to reports and get a fix in the one week window. Now something that is much bigger in size and complexity and the beta period is only marginally bigger. Not much time for more than one test/fix cycle in that three weeks.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, I expect when it goes "live" that it will be more like a beta. But I would rather have new content to play in, even if things are broken, than to wait longer.

What makes me laugh (cry) is when someone at Daybreak says something like once it is released then we will have time for X. They never have time for things. Once it is released then they have to fix the bugs and fix the tuning. Then it is Christmas time, then it is vacation time, then it is time to work on Anniversary or the next expansion, etc.

So whenever someone at Daybreak says that they will get to something after whatever they are currently doing is done, I take it with a huge bag of salt. They are overworked and there are too few Devs. They will get to things when they can, squeezed between doing 5000 things that need to be done right now!

There is never a time that when one project is done that suddenly they have massive amounts of time to just do all sorts of things. They might be able to schedule in something then but there are so many things on The List™.