TDS was small... TBM is smaller.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Voth Elder

At this rate I'll be saving $80 plus subscription fees.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Is this confirmed? 7 real raids?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

If that's the case, really? A month ago we heard at least 15 new raids. (fear+hate are NOT NEW)
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm optimistic, I hope they have the time to deliver what is promised.

Point blank, Arx has gotten old....
  5. Deillusional Augur

Some questions, I am a euro, so didn't watch the stream.
    why only a short beta? People on this thread stating 2-3 weeks. Surely it be better to have a 2 month beta, and release it when its properly tuned / tested.
    Why only 7/8 progression raids? Will the raids in Hate/Fear have the same tier of quality loot?
    What is the anticipated release date as it says by 31st Dec. People like to book time off to complete the expansion (group wise) in a couple of days if that...
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. Deillusional Augur

Are you counting Fright, Dread and Terror as raids in the overall raid count or just 2 from poh and 2 from pof?
  7. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I'm very ok if we're getting around the same amount of content half a year from now for another $35.
    I'm very not ok if that's all we're getting for entire year.
    Minds will be severely blown if solteris is the third revamp zone. PoH/F look like another PoW mini raid zones. Mini raid zones > HAs simply for not requiring a tank per group and being able to invite people instead of having them sit out because you already have 6 toons in instance.

Also waiting almost entire month for beta is a mistake, should have been ready to open it somewhat for people to start testing this week. Live servers are empty apart from farm raid nights.

Finally, this game needs a physical store so I can buy copy of that PoH draft. Really, not enough PoH draft and too much cats in that stream.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The way I took what was said when they originally informed us that they were making this an expansion, it was that we would still be getting a Campaign in 6ish months.
  9. Zarzac Augur

From the stream it sounded like yes the 3 minis + 2 bosses in fear an 2 bosses in Hate are going to count against the 15+.

So, if accurate, that means we get a minimum of 16 raids. Minus those 7 in fear/hate giving us 9 raids that are part of the expansion. Plus there may be additional fear/hate encounters if Elidroth has time to work them in before beta.
  10. Randragon Augur

I agree with some of the people here. That Live Stream left a lot to be desired. If the staff was too tired from working all day to put in any real effort into that Stream then it shouldn't have been done.

I understand you are moving to new offices and the like but this Live Stream was hyped up in advance and I felt like wondering 'wtf' did I just watch.

Okay you mentioned the cats. Cool. Maybe 10 seconds worth of airtime, then enough about the damn cats. TLP were mentioned. WTF. This was the new expansion info stream. Not a release party on TLP items.

If you didn't have much to show us. Then why waste our time.

I can understand resources are short, but the game was in big trouble when they started siphoning off monies to fund other projects which really never took off like the success of EQ. If the original company stayed the course and developed EQ1 further with all of the cash resources that it generated, then it would be in a better position than it is now. But we can't keep beating that dead pig now can we.

Take the monies we generate and stop funding other games with our cash. Give yourselves raises, hire more people, whatever. But give the EQ1 Dev Team the resources it deserves. What is soo hard for you corporate people to understand. You all started something magical 16 years ago. Why do you continue to muck up the works.

Its like Sony, now DBG has ADHD....Let's develop some cool stuff over here in EQ1...oh look a shiney, Now what was I doing?

Devs, Listen to your customer base. Some of the things you have done recently do not make sense. But if you do make drastic game changes to EQ, please at least let us know that you had a reason. Just saying that hey we are making these changes and not really saying why is like a parent saying 'Because I said so'.

Lastly, please take the questions you all asked for and what was asked on the Live Stream and put them into some semblance of a Q&A about the new expansion. You do know we have some pretty intelligent people playing this game and I am sure they can understand what you feed back to us. As long as its coherent and well thought out.

Of course I will buy the expansion. But some people need more information on the items in each package. Either you know those items are meh and just not releasing the info in hopes of people gambling on they are great items. Or maybe you are out of touch with your gaming customers.
  11. Tyraxor Augur

Randragon, it doesn't matter what they release.
    By now the core playerbase is happy to give them more and more money, in good faith that they just keep going.

You can read it all in other threads, they don't have to listen to others.
    The baby sitting mommas with 3-6 accounts pay them hundreds of dollars for anything they release.
    Those who have not fallen into Eq delirium yet can either put up with that state, or move on.
    Don't waste your time on hoping for, or suggesting, something better.
    Kravitz likes this.
  12. Kravitz Augur

It just goes to show if you can't prepare for a Q/A session with your customers, makes people wonder how they handle internal meetings, preparation for other tasks, and the content they will deliver. But, can you really be surprised when its the same old dev's running the show, its not like they hired new people, same company just a new brand name.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

How many groups of 50 level similar players do you know who will put forth the effort to raid this stuff? It sounds good on paper but in reality its not going to get used. I don't know any situation where a guild is like man we have 54 level 85 players in our guild if we only had newer raid content to tackle.
  14. ShadowMan Augur

2 months of beta was basically the minimum people had hoped for but instead we will just hear theres not time or in design lock for everything now.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Probably a question that was on everyones mind and should have been answered but they were busy answering tlp questions right meow.
  16. Riou EQResource

It should be anywhere from like 3-5 week beta depending on how late in october it starts.

Hate/Fear they talked about base loot but not raid loot, they mentioned you spend points to upgrade its stats how you want.

november 18 is release date.

Fright, Dread and Terror are counted as one-offs, 1 raid each, 5 from pof and 2 from poh so far, more maybe added before launch.

They can't do an effective Beta until they move into the new office, they have no servers or internet set up and such in it atm
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. cadres Augur

Is it just me that's offended that you have to stump up for the most expensive edition to get a 100ac upgrade. That's a lot of ac for classes that need it. That, to me, is gamechanging - in that we were always told that EQ was about rewards earned not bought. That all the 'bought' stuff would be 'froth' - nice to have - illusions and so forth. Now we have the most powerful ac upgrade only available to those who pay over £100 ??
  18. Riou EQResource

CotF and TDS were both like just over 1 month beta's and will most likely end up as bigger overall expansions, why would anyone expect 2?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. beryon Augur

Are the base 10 illusion slots account wide or only for one character?
  20. ShadowMan Augur

because the past 2 betas have been a hot mess in regards to tuning and having time to get stuff done right. Some of us hoped they learned from their mistakes and are trying to fix them not simply repeat the same ones over and over clueless. So we don't hear "there is not time for this or that" or I can't do that "design lock".

If it takes Aristo 3-4 weeks to name spells how exactly is he going to name spells, tune spells, name items, create bp clicks, tune bp clicks and tune items all in 2 weeks? Answer is he won't and we will get broken or poorly tuned stuff that will go unfixed or adjusted for awhile unless its in the players favor in which case servers will come down. And please don't claim its already done accurately already.
    Sancus, Xeladom, Vrinda and 1 other person like this.