TDS was small... TBM is smaller.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kobrah Augur

The breakdown was simple .. "we are making 'campaigns" ... wait a tick ... lets call the first half an "expansion" and we lower the price for basic a few bucks... vs charging half .. then having to do more live server bs for next half year..

is as shady as anything told to people before lol.. this just means they wont put it in til after they release the first campaign ... eerrrrrr I mean the expansion ... yeah that's what it is .. does not mean they were not working on this for some time when the expansion needed stuff .. but who knows
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Who's doing the itemization? No disrespect for Chandrok, but maybe we can get rare/chase items that are actually better than their generic counterparts this time around (I'm looking at you, Parogressio!). And fire dd augs that we haven't seen since 2010. Just maybe...
    Orbital101 and Leex like this.
  3. Iila Augur

Aristo said he was on items.
  4. Sheaffer Augur

I think this is a good idea. CTOV was wildly popular amongst family guilds and pick up raids
  5. Silv Augur

Oh FML.
  6. Derd Augur

Only on Eq would people complain that something in the new expansion might provide a bonus of some sort, to the player for spending a lil extra money. If an extra 40 bucks to DBG gives that person a lil extra boost and put money in the coffers for them why in the world do so many of you throw a fit. I know years and years ago the great statement... "We will never sell power " get over it people.

And a fuss over instancing raids? You did hear that it's something J. Chan is working on right, the work she does is for the most part all backend programming. Taking her off that wouldn't get you more zones or more raids or more items, that's not her job. But the job she does is hard work especially with the age and complexity of working with the Eq mess, give her a break also.

I guess I should just take it with a grain of salt, but I guess if so many want to put them down I have just as much right to give them my support, Thanks DBG staff.
  7. Tevik Augur

I cannot express how much it bothers me that this is a "for-pay" feature.
    Winnowyl, Geroblue, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Like almost everything that is a feature, it comes with the expansion (a starter version that is). That isn't anything new for 5-7 expansions now.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Tevik Augur

You get 10, then you have to pay. That just seems wrong to me.

Edit: And further, in the video, Holly made it seem like you get 10 *for one single character,* not for all characters on your account. Hopefully that was a misunderstanding on my part though.
    Risiko likes this.
  10. Crystilla Augur

Alas the writing says it is per character, although I too hope that's an error or they offer some way to add some account wise.
  11. Riou EQResource

I'd wonder if they act like mounts do in that if you buy them from marketplace it basically uses a "free" slot instead of taking 1
  12. Raynrace Augur

I am waiting for more and hoping for the best. The number of zones doesnt always show the amount of content.

I have 1 frustration here that I hope the Devs will consider or clarify.

I see a big issue with this personally if my secondary hope isnt there. Many of us strive to push our characters to the absolute highest end possible. Many hours and years have been spent doing this.

We strive for the best possible gear/augs etc that we can obtain through playing the game.

At this point I see a mount that only money can buy that is better than anything we can achieve through gameplay.

It is my hope that I just havent seen an achievement award that is equal to or trumps the Lion Mount buffs with the premium purchase. For example, an upgraded Eyepatch.

Can someone please at least confirm that money wont be the deciding factor of the "best" gear you can get? If it is, my disappointment level will be greatly changed...
    Sancus, Zarzac, Elricvonclief and 2 others like this.
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Yes! Fire Procs PLEASE! Seriously though, a Mage using ice procs...Freaking ICE?!?

Also I agree, the Paro could have been a really nice belt, comparable to the Melee's..But it's not..

I can't wait for beta to see what their planning. I wonder who the new flavor of the year will be! :D
  14. Axxius Augur

The description on the +30 slots for the Premium edition is very clear:
    "Get three additional 10-slot tokens for illusion key Rings. You can choose to spread your three tokens across up to three characters!"

You get tokens, and the character that uses a token gets +10 illusion keyring slots. On that character only.

Yep, you have to be crazy to pay that kinda money for it and a mount with a tiny upgrade over the Gunthak Grit buff. But that's not really what you are paying for. In other games this sort of stuff is called 'supporter packs'. You support the game with a donation and get a token reward. People don't buy those for practical benefits.
  15. Nenton Augur

Action plan today: Naming belts.
    Action plan tomorrow: Naming cloaks.
    Etc.

Beta Ends.

"Whoops, ran out of time. Here are your spells guys!"
    Imrahil, Sancus, Iila and 8 others like this.
  16. Crystilla Augur

Hi. I was answeringTevik who, I believe, talked about the +10 being character and not account.
  17. Axxius Augur

You hoped it was an error. I'm pretty sure it's intended.
  18. Argu Lorekeeper

Really had hoped they would do something different that SOE but looks like the same ole crap. Another expansion that unless your max level you really don't need. Yea yea some of the content scales but all in all unless your max level its junk.
  19. Leex Pewpewer

Actually this looks really good for the mid levels, 85+ can have scaling raids, so they can enjoy the new expansion at their level.
  20. Kobrah Augur

I just wish the 1st campaign wasn't slapped with "expansion" label and they called it done.
    Mayfaire likes this.