TDS was small... TBM is smaller.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

Everybody thought that TDS was a super small expansion. Well it looks big compared to The Broken Mirror expansion.

7 zones (3 revamps / 2 new zones with alternate versions)
    15+ new raids. 8 of which are in Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear. So, 7 new raids.

I regretted buying The Darkened Sea expansion, and I will NOT make that mistake this time. I personally will NEVER buy The Broken Mirror expansion.

DBG skimped big time on this expansion, and I for one am through with being treated like a second rate customer that you don't respect. I'll give Blizzard my money. At least they put out real expansions, and not just a couple new zones called an expansion.

And, no. You can't have my stuff. It's all no-drop.
    Geroblue, Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  2. Reval Augur

What if they make it so that you need the expansion to play on ragefire? dun dun dunnnnnn
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Then they would again chase away the people paying them to play the game that was. Oh you like this game and epics and this stuff well its our world so we changed it.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Would have been better to make them buy the expansion to play on the new no-box/instanced server.
  5. Iila Augur

Remember when they said they couldn't make instances for TLP raids because it would hurt dev time on the new expansion?

TLPs are getting instanced raids.
  6. Reval Augur

Yeah, all three of those are true.
  7. Silv Augur

HEY! Remember they had SO MUCH extra time they were able to give us a full expansion instead of a campaign (whatever that was supposed to be). Obviously they have the time for it... [now?]! :rolleyes:
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd rather they refund the 3 revamp zones, go back to calling it a half expansion "campaign" and charging $20-$25 for it. Bet I'm not alone.

Or does anyone think any of the revamp zone/raids will have raids that aren't Corrupted ToV style simple/dull/not at all like classic?

...and revamped Fear.....didn't we see that somewhere before? Oh, right.....
    [IMG]
  9. Iila Augur

Wait till we get a 2nd "Expansion" in 6-8 months for another $35. (or $120, lol)
  10. Axxius Augur

I think the more accurate count is:
    • 7 zones: 3 revamped (PoF, PoH and ??), 1 zone with alternative versions (Plane of Life/Decay) and 2 other zones
    • 15 new raids: 5 in Fear (CT, Dracolich, 3 golems), 2 in Hate (Inny, Maestro) and 8 elsewhere
    But yeah... looks like our joy was a little premature. The raids in Hate/Fear are the same as the revamped ToV raids in RoF. They are not progression. That leaves us with 8 progression raids. Which is still better than 5 raids in TDS but not exactly what we hoped for. Oh well...
  11. Iila Augur

I was hoping that PoF/PoH weren't going to count as the revamps and we'd be getting frontiermtnsb, charasisb, drogab as the revamps.

Looking at me, hoping for an outcome that isn't the worst. What a sucker.
    Geroblue, Gyurika Godofwar and Reht like this.
  12. Axxius Augur

3 new zones, 8 raids... I know what we are getting! It's CotF 2.0. But with ToV 2.0 instead of T2.

Did they say anything about this being a 6-month or a 12-month release? IF this is not a 12-month release then it's pretty good.

I could care less about the price. Everything is much more expensive now than it was 10 years ago, except new EQ content. Who wouldn't buy a $35 expansion with this amount of content every 6 months?
  13. Zarakii Augur

well they did mention they werent done yet with content so im not gonna be down about that aspect just yet
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

That would be awesome IMO.
  15. Xanathol Augur

Don't forget - it looks like the Disney Mexican holiday movie, with the undead party or whatever. Plus, a 'progression spell'? The only reason I may buy this is for the old / new Hate.
  16. Iila Augur

Celebratory death art looks cool, very much Dia de Muertos inspired. Lots of colors to contrast the stark black and bone whites of death.

The progression spell sounds like the "focus AAs" from TDS that were a lot of work to nerf casters and do nothing useful.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Nenton and Sancus like this.
  17. SpamFactory Augur

you guys need to check your expectations. of course this wasn't going to be bigger than TDS. I'm at least glad they lowered the price $5 for the standard edition.

each expansion from now until they pull the plug on EQ will be a little smaller than the last. this has been the trend for several years now.

not trying to be negative and I'm still going to buy, but I wasn't at all surprised when I saw what is being offered.
    Sancus and Rcalielie like this.
  18. Zarakii Augur

Nightmare before christmas style! im kinda excited about that lol
    Gyurika Godofwar and Khat_Nip like this.
  19. Zarakii Augur

When veeshan becomes the end game expansion boss is when i worry about the day eq's plug gets pulled... cant think of a better boss to end the most epic game on
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Iila Augur

gnomemtn Gnome Memorial Mountain
    lceanium Lceanium
    korsha Kor'Sha Laboratory
    gorowyn Gorowyn
    frontiermtnsb
    scorchedwoods Scorched Woods
    charasisb The Howling Stones
    drogab The Temple of Droga
    pohealth The Plane of Health
    exaltedb Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay
    codecayb
    cosul Crypt of Sul
    exalted Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life
    Plane of Fear
    Plane of Hate
    Gyurika Godofwar and Xenthoxin like this.