TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Bigstomp Augur

This pretty much sums it up. (I know our guild leader sent some logs, but it shouldn't have been required)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Coruth Augur

(Accuracy Correction: Doubting everyone, no selective doubting)

Sigh, you just simply don't get it.

Maybe my webpage idea is bad. Okay. It was a 2 second-off the top of my head idea.
    Maybe original log idea was bad. Okay, I can see valid reasons why people don't like the log idea.

However, to call it (those trying for accurate list) clown shoes is completely missing the point. We have never had an expansion where Bugged Chests and Wins are showing up like this.

The Clown Shoes is Sony for not fixing a problem that was reported in Beta, and instead of fixed in beta got pushed to live.

Everyone else is just trying to make an idea that makes the best of a bad situtation.

Now if you want to take POV that accuracy doesn't have to be 100% accurate and it's not worth worrying about Sony's buggy expansion. Okay, an understandable belief, though not everyone will share it.

In short, your logic criticizing ideas isn't bad, you make some good points. But your conclusions on where to assign blame (people trying innocently to make sure list is accurate vs Sony) is horrible.
  3. Maeryn Augur

SoD had raids you could beat with "creative tactics", at minimum Fall of Tosk, Rallos Returns and Ganak could be soloed. If guilds chose to report soloed wins to EGL life goes on. If some guild called "Exploits R Us" submitted wins only on those raids I'd accept it as a reasonable course of action not to list the guild, then again listing the guild might have gotten the events fixed/changed sooner.

If some guild takes the TDS raid situation to the extreme and split raids all night with a dozen or so per raid just hoping for bugged wins and then there is a thread on this board where someone posts "I joined Multi-Raid Elite based on them being the only guild on my server with Arx2+ wins but I quit after one day because all they do is die over and over and hope for bugged wins" again I'd accept it as a reasonable course of action not to list the guild, then again listing the guild might get the events fixed/changed sooner.

Raids are working as intended, I suggested otherwise and got a 5 day ban for posting false information. Regardless of the time Devs spent on other tasks, raids are in a satisfactory state and it's a privilege to be able to attempt those raids.

I'm assigning blame to Mykaylla for demanding logs in order to have progress still be listed on EGL a week from now. Because if RoI doesn't have an Arx3 win listed it will reflect poorly on EGL, not on Qulas for failing to send a log to a former member of his guild.

2 seconds thinking of a solution, remove the verification step, if Triton submits a kill up it goes instantly. If some EGL account reports an absurd quantity or tier of wins based on all previous information about a guild only at the point step in to ask for /ach links or whatever and then delete wins and that EGL account if that's felt to be an appropriate course of action.

If guilds who have been voluntarily submitting information for year(s) to make EGL what it is today chose to report a soloed Fall of Tosk win 6 or so years ago or a bugged Arx3 win 6 or so days ago, life goes on. Worst case enjoy the thread when someone with a clever board name like Guild07sucks posts a Goober tells the guild, 'lol thier iz a chest over here and I dont mean Snookums' screenshot.
    Kiillz and Esero like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

raids are in a satisfactory state and it's a privilege to be able to attempt those raids:D
  5. Qulas Augur

Please, remove our kill from the list because you didn't get a complete log of an event from us.

The kill list has been nothing but a sham for awhile anyways. This isn't proving anything other than that.
    Imrahil, Shiea, Ankarv and 13 others like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I don't look all that often, but it's been better recently. Please tell whoever your updater is to keep em coming. They're fun to read sometimes.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Don't say that, we have to keep on him or they'll take forever.
  8. Toplel New Member

The conspiracy theories they come up with are even more entertaining to read.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

Well, that cinches it.

Because of EGL's insistence that guilds provide
    Which most raid guilds have long kept private, can be altered,

change system date/time, create fake log, copy legitimate kill log into fake log, global search and replace date in log, save, profit. If someone did that there's no way all the members of a guild would go along? The same is true about reporting an insta kill as a legitimate kill.

and could be used to privately petition to have classes or events changed to disadvantage some guilds and advantage others, and even have legitimate kills questioned [<- just some of the reasons guilds keep such information private in the first place]...

...a player run site will substitute its judgement for that of EverQuest's publisher and no longer accurately reflect progression rankings.

Someone that's into conspiracy theories would wonder who would benefit from several actual serverwide progression leaders no longer appearing on a leaderboard and would they be in a position to suggest such a ploy to EGL. Unfortunately only public access to unedited private email accounts could put a suspicion like that to bed - not that anyone in their right mind would ask for private information that could be used for a fishing expedition.

SOE is the proper venue for determining whether or not an event is legitimately beaten. It's one thing to ask to see someone's achievement to verify that they have done what they claim. It's something else again to ask that they share private information.
  10. Kiillz Augur

Good show Mykaylla!!! and well done. Now you can hope for verified VoA kills instead. Enjoy the show.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

Even absent questioning whether the motivations of everyone associated with EQL has pure intentions its clear that requiring raid logs to insure raid guild progression rankings are accurate on EGL has failed. Not listing serverwide progression leaders when SOE has not questioned the legitimacy of their wins is inaccurate, not more accurate.

It's not going to achieve its stated goal. Its bad practice and its even worse precedent.
  12. Deillusional Augur

To be fair to them, people have submitted kills on reset wins, that I know of, I will not name and shame though on this thread otherwise it will be locked. Its not EQL fault, its down to SoE, with the state their raids are in at this time.
    Elricvonclief and Insaneox like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

I guess we'll see in 4 days: Dec 12 is soon. I'm not submitting the full log. Not gonna happen. It's against our guild policy.

Our first AM3 win didn't produce an achievement (because the achievement we should have gotten is bugged; it's getting finally fixed in tomorrow's patch). But we submitted the key lines from the log that should have been enough (are were deemed enough) to see that it was a legit win and not a bugged wipe one. You can also ask anybody in Triton. We haven't got any bugged/illegit wins in any of the TDS events.

From Qulas's post above it looks like ROI isn't sending their logs either. I don't see any comments from IL so far. But if the first 3 wins are removed from EGL, it will reflect much more poorly on EGL's reputation than on those of the top 3 guilds.

Just saying.
    Esero and Kiillz like this.
  14. Raynrace Augur

We have beaten AM3 twice now and no achievements spammed either. At least we got our chest, coin and keys along with the lockout.

100 % legit.
  15. Kiillz Augur

NOT bug so far at all cept a CHEST poofing on us and laid too many corpses out on AM3 and worked to hard for a BS call for log to legit it. Too call for a full log is nonsense and as Axx stated what was sent in from us and if same portion was submitted by any others should suffice enuff. Good luck Myk and EGL not having the top 5 in there when they arent submitted and still call it a progress site, I hardly doubt EGL will be further looked upon thereafter also alluded to by Axx. EGL will shortly be posting their hey its been a good run on the web site and not updating guild progress. /cheers

LOL
  16. Insaneox Augur

Well third time was charm for us last night was first visit that event 3 didn't bug a false chest.

2 false win/ 1 real win
  17. Deillusional Augur

Grats!, RF today got a fake win on event 3 though, hopefully the bugs will be fixed soon.
  18. Hatsee Augur

For some reason all the events but the first one port you all to a different location on a win. Wait for that before touching a chest. Also if you get to event 5 don't believe it wont do the port, wait a minute because that one takes a while.

Make sure you say this loud and clear assuming that you have people that always run off to kill the chest the second it pops.
    Esero likes this.
  19. Axxius Augur

Yeah, we figured out the chest poof thing after that one time. We already have the designated person opening chests, and he knows to wait for these strange ports to happen. The one that poofed on us in AM2 was because it spawned right where we killed the last golem, and a berserker had AE attacks going, so the chest got insta-broken, and then that stupid script ported everybody out and destroyed all corpses. Since then we ban AE melee from 5% down.

But that's not the kind of bug that makes a win less legit. And it wasn't the first AM2 kill either.

All our TDS wins are 100% legit.
    Kiillz likes this.
  20. Iila Augur

Please submit full resolution videos of each of your first wins for this to be verified. Videos must start from at least 1 minute before any scripts, hails or trash is killed. Game audio must be in the left stereo channel, with any Ventrilo style communications in the right audio channel. No portions of the video or audio may be edited out, and the camera person should be sure to catch as much action as possible. No priests staring at the floor for 10 minutes. Video should also include a look inside the opened loot chest and should continue until all items have been looted from the chest.

Failure to submit a video that obeys all regulations by Dec 12th, 11:59pm pst, or having a halfling visible during any part of your video will result in that kill and your guild being expunged from any past or future rankings or kill data collection.
    Shiea, Sancus, Bahdah and 3 others like this.