TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Maeryn Augur

No, that's actually on point. A reason to post PoWar or sub 30min Ghost wins is that I feel it's a strong indication of future success. PoWar wins have a higher correlation to TDS raiding success than even Day 1 Journey Home wins, something I guessed long before TDS launched.

Deillusional guessed guilds skipping Zek Brothers would have trouble progressing (my best guess, maybe it was purely a red flag of shame) so people checking lavanet should be wary of joining guilds that couldn't handle Zek Brothers and used the red flag so people who just checked Tower results would know which guilds those were.

My guess for next expansion is that guilds who beat (pre-nerf) Ghost in 30min or less will have a high correlation with the most successful raiding guilds. That a guild beats Arx5 after 50 or 100 tries in the summer or fall or 2015 will quite possibly be less predictive than which guilds quickly defeated Ghost while only getting 1 attempt per week.

Even before next expansion if Cold Fury or Triality comes back and gets a sub 30min Ghost win that would be a pretty good indication that it's quite possibly a stronger guild than others which are months ahead in TDS progression.

I'm aware you were being sarcastic, I'm just using your comment to illustrate the "value" of a leader board. You have objective information if you actually want to see what happened to a guild. As an added perk it was an excuse to link Quellious Flames and maybe reading some of those will spread some holiday cheer.
  2. Kiillz Augur

Well it was nostalgic seeing the Quellious flames lol I will thank you for that. Tho at this point discussion now on the EGL page is moot since it seems they are done with it. They got what they wanted and ran off.

funny how Mykaylla made her post then didnt have the cajones to come back here address nothing further and then do nothing on those boards
  3. Esero Elder

Whether or not it's relevant as an old school Rodcet Nife player I can tell you that along with Cold Fury (Quellious/Rodcet) in 2006 were EiE/DA, Vis Maior, Conviction, Underguild, Vinceremo, Union of Power -- I could've missed one but the other guilds on t he list don't really ring a bell.
  4. Esero Elder

Quellious collective flame boards were pretty epic during PoP (Wraith/Rev Rallos thread might be one of my favorites ever)
    Kiillz likes this.
  5. Kiillz Augur

Frankly none of those guilds other then the ones I mentioned and you added (UG VINCE SE) were Quellious guilds Esero and were not there at time of my tongue in cheek stab of the Emperor
  6. Kiillz Augur

forgot bout Reviv.....and that thread was epic.....good times..
    Esero likes this.
  7. Deillusional Augur

lol what are you smoking the themes for the progress site was set up at the requests of the guilds during the raiding part of the expansion. You will notice 10th anniversary events are there too, that was my doing as I thought they were a good additional (the information was available on EQlive website.) With sod news I only make it when my guild asks me to we probably worse than ROI for our news updates. With the Powar zek brothers we did it when we had time to, as I said in my news update I believe, and on here before it only took 1 day of learning the event before winning it.
  8. Deillusional Augur

That was a request from guilds at the time nothing to do with me I just coded it.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Well it is official.

This thread has more content in it than TDS expansion.
    Bigstomp, Obiziana, Savager and 6 others like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Nah, we would go there after finishing CotF progression either way. But '3-4 months easily' is just lol. Typical ROI arrogance.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Changing what you say doesn't mean it wasn't nerfed. Just because your stubby legs can't make it up the molehill easily doesn't mean it's still a mountain.
  12. Kellaer Augur

This is very much an example of the pot calling the kettle black here.
    Koryu likes this.
  13. Maeryn Augur

May 7 - May 20 and June 17 - July 1
    29 days that Triton is finished all CotF progression, how often did you go?

July 2 - July 15, July 17 - July 22 and July 24 - Aug 3
    31 days that Triton is finished all CotF progression and raid is nerfed, how often did you go?

May 7 - May 20 and May 22 - June 22
    46 days that Realm of Insanity is finished all CotF progression, how often did you go?
  14. guado Augur

15. Maeryn Augur

Right, just pointing out how comical your updates are, you truly have a dry wit.

Last update: why only 7 raids?!
    Next update: "SoD finished the expansion 3rd/4th/5th" at which point you will have most likely only beaten 6 of those raids.

Which kind of answers the why?! A "Top 5" guild waits until 3 months after the 9th permanent raid is released and over a month after it's nerfed to find time for 1 of 4 raids that drops top tier loot.

You couldn't find time for the raid while farming T1, re-decorating the GGH or whatever else didn't allow you enough time to attempt what was unquestionably one of the 4 most rewarding raids in the game for that long. What would be the point of releasing more raids?

"There is a lot more concerning things going on in EQ raids, then a one off raid that was/is overtuned (we havent did it since we first tried it back in October)."

Which means twice you were exhausted after beating one TDS raid and couldn't be bothered to spend maybe 30min to attempt a raid because you thought it was too hard and attempting a 2nd TDS raid that night is an activity reserved for those who deposit fecal matter in hosiery.

I do agree that the bugged wins are a much higher priority for the Devs, it's just baffling that a "Top 5" guild can't squeeze in 30min for Ghost even if a loss is quite likely especially before they have the option of attempting any other TDS raid.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/The-Philly-00-Instant-Gratification-Run.html

Should I sign you up?

Triton has beat Ghost in 13m7s does this mean maybe you'll put on your water wings and try the raid or is trying it still reserved for after you beat Arx5 if Naggy doesn't drop an aug?
  16. Imrahil Augur

Arx 2 was beaten Dec 14, Arx 3 was on Dec 22 (eurotime)
  17. Deillusional Augur

Stop smoking, we will do ghost, when we have time for it. And when have the tanking force required for it. (2 of our knights are afk).
  18. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

19. Obiziana Augur

Is it wrong that Quarken's posts get me hot?
  20. Shredd Augur

If you go to the EGL http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=TDS page you will see the guilds who have progressed to Arx4 or won TDS have all farmed Plane of War. Deillusonal was my guild leader for years, before real life made me change to a night raiding schedule for pacific time, and he is right to point out that guilds who did not work out Zek brothers do have trouble with the Arx progression. I personally find the TDS expansion very fun and love the cultural coming back to raiders.
    Elricvonclief likes this.