TDS Powersource Drop Nerf?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mayfaire, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

Hello - Has anyone else noticed that the drop rate has been cut down to something akin to the sight of a real live unicorn? Previously I could farm and stock away three in about 8 hours or so. Now, I have been camping them every day since Friday, many hours per day (prob 30-40 hours total) and got a grand total of: One. :eek:
  2. Nenake Elder

I usually farm Degmar every night for some briny and powersources but I have not seen a powersource drop since Saturday, but the namers in Degmar seem to spawn every other ph so pretty stocked up atm.
  3. silku Augur

Maybe it's RNG, maybe not... I have noticed they don't seem to be dropping nearly as much.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

I really hope that when the newness wears of them, that the tradeskillers get a crack at them too.
    -R
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

The new TDS power sources that drop off of T3 named cannot he created by tradeskills. Not sure how "tradeskillers getting a crack" has anything to do with the drop rate.

The power sources are just rare. I have killed about 20 T3 named and seen just one. Others have had better and worse success. Just have to keep on working at it.

Although it does beg the question... if you were getting three per day for multiple days, you should have enough stock piled for the rest of the expansion IMHO. It is silly, to me, to wear them when you are in guild lobby, guild hall, Plane of Knowledge, and killing trash. Most only use the power sources for difficult encounters and difficult raids...
  6. Rolaque Ancient

Power sources aren't consumed OOC, that was changed some time ago.
  7. guado Augur

I've seen 3 Power Sources drop in a ROW off named.

I've gone a whole weekend without seeing one Power Source.

This is all throughout TDS, not specific to one zone.
  8. guado Augur

I've seen 3 Power Sources drop in a ROW off named.

I've gone a whole weekend without seeing one Power Source.

This is all throughout TDS, not specific to one zone.
  9. Mintalie Augur

I have about 14 in the bank from farming Degmar over the holidays. Had a guildee killing named there last weekend and he got two in about three hours' time, so I don't believe there has been a nerf.

And with as easy as they are to get, relatively speaking, and considering the size of my stockpile, I now use them 24/7. Because why not?
  10. Mayfaire Augur

Cicelee - I never said I was getting three per day for multiple days. I got three early on in the expansion and stocked them away for raid use only. Although, now that you mention it, I wish I had done that while my luck was high, lol.
  11. Mayfaire Augur

Well, thanks all. Must just be the RNG, or I was incredibly lucky when I camped them previously.