TDS first raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Oct 31, 2014.

1. smash Augur

Why are there not the normal amount of spells dropping there ?

Only 2 spells.
  2. Riou EQResource

Less Spells are needed and you have a year to get them
  3. smash Augur

But also less raids to.

But actually you need same amount. As each class need 5*5, more or less. From dev in charge items : no class get more than five items per level. Try to check in guild the classes on how many quests they each have, and I will say its close to what it was in RoF.

The difference from RoF is that this time, you dont get upgrades of your normally good spells, as you did in RoF.

So pure melee might not get 5 per level, monk, rogue, zerker, warrior, But rest mostly do. So if taking average of 4 per level thats 20 "items" per person. So now say almost perfect guild with 54 persons, no changes all year, which does every raid 1 time each week.
    Thats 52 * 2 * 7 = 728 items, if doing every 5 days: 73 * 2 * 7 = 1022 items.

Now take guild with 54 persons in, 54 * 16 = 864 iitems

According to my math, the guild is missing 136 items if doing each raid every 7 days.

Now a correction to that, they dont get 864, but they get less as remember first 3 times, they only get 2 + 2? items And then NeXT some weeks they also get less, so I would guess the guild Down to 720-750 items in total.
  4. smash Augur

Now examine it Riou, and when you confirm what I say, send me a 2 year free subscription of EQR. ;-)

And just for example, RoF, a guild I know started to give out alt runes in around around june, and there I belive there was 18 raids in total and at beginning you had 8 raids of 4 runes and then ....

The good thing was, that you could check it on beta, where old man did sell the click items, and there I did check the amount.
    And 20 for each class is a very good number, it might be +/- 1 per class.
  5. CoN Recruiter New Member

Less Spells are you serious Level 103 8 spells Level 104 8 Spells Level 105 10 Spells All but 1 of those spells should have rk3 versions so unless we are getting multiple spells per turn in as we have gotten in the past yes the drop amount should be increased on raids if for all raids it is 2.
  6. Riou EQResource

You require no more then 5 per level, but melee for example only need like 5 runes total (like 1/3+ of your raid force), so it balances out, that is also assuming all 7 raids only drop 2
  7. Maeryn Augur

http://symphonyofarms.org/eqdkp2/roster.php?s=

24 pure melee * 5 = 120
    41 hybrids * 10 = 410
    42 pure casters * 15 = 630

1160 spell runes for the current roster, being somewhat selective about what spells to upgrade and having no roster turnover divided by 52 weeks means needing to average 22.3 spell runes per week to cover even that within a year.

You're looking at minimum 40 per week even dealing with guilds with smaller rosters but accounting for turnover to even get into "I don't use that spell much" range within a year and 50 per week to get into "it's mostly newer people who still need spells" range within a year.

Since there are only 5 raids and the "bonus" raids would enable you to gear up faster than expected that's 8-10 spells per raid chest without even accounting for raid flagging and using a balance point of beating every raid on the first day you can access it.
  8. Axxius Augur

We got 3. Nyah nyah nyah nyah! :p

But seriously. With this few spell drops, and only the lower level ones dropping from the first raid, and only 7 raids total (6 effectively; good luck with Tita's Ghost!) and the progression locked behind flagging - everybody better get used to Rk2 buffs and forget about your lv 105 rk3 nukes/discs. You'll get them by the Anniversary time. If you are in one of the top guilds that beat the raids quickly. Otherwise... summer perhaps.
  9. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

There only a few as a Ranger for spells i want in our new spells i am sure other classes have some of the same issues (unless for some reason they like to have all RKIII even the ones they never use).
  10. sojero One hit wonder

That is 2 raids worth of people, so you would have to account for that and double the amount of wins, or not expect that much, either break into 2 teams and do more raids to get the spells you need, or accept the fact that you will not get them all this year.
  11. Maeryn Augur

I used the larger 107 person roster as a way of accounting for turnover and that's most likely understating turnover by a considerable margin.

http://il-guild.com/dkp/listmembers...5227d9bccb8eefab13&o=5.0&filter=none&show=all

At least 178 characters have raided with Inverse Logic in the last year (don't know if they delete/merge people who deguild), click show all and sort by last raid on the Inverse Logic DKP page if that link doesn't work well.

At least 80 characters have raided with Inverse Logic since October 16th.

Looking at just those 80 with no turnover for the next 12 months and only getting spells that are frequently used:

20 pure melee * 5 = 100
    21 hybrids * 10 = 210
    39 pure casters * 15 = 585

895 spells for 52 weeks is 17.2 per week so only requires raiding for a year with no roster turnover and you can get your frequently used spells if you beat all 5 raids and the 2 bonus raids every week averaging around 2.5 spells per chest.

Accepting isn't a problem, I'll distribute however many spells drop. Just running some math to establish current expectations which could radically change, maybe when beating the last prog raid makes a spell rune appear on everyone's cursor along with the currency for all I know.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I hope you can chose the spell you get. So many Spells and Discs are so poorly tuned in this expansion, they will go unmem'd.
  13. Axxius Augur

You can choose. Within the level. But since the first raid drops only lv 101 and 102 spells (with a rare chance of lv 103) it still doesn't help all that much. The main raid buffs are lv 104-105 and are out of reach.
  14. Iila Augur

You click the spell rune, and get a reward pop-up with 5 choices. Some choices might have more than 1 spell bundled together. Some classes might not have 5 choices per a level.

It's the best spell rune system so far.
  15. Maeryn Augur

Shouldn't there be up to 6 choices or is there no option to downgrade the Rune?
  16. Axxius Augur

You won't have to worry about downgrading the runes. Raid 1 has to be beaten every single time to access raids 2, 3, etc. By the time the Glowing runes start rotting, there will be no need for more Minor and Lesser ones.
  17. Riou EQResource

Maybe next expansion wont be a level increase one and they expect you to still raid TDS for runes :p
    Andarriel and Iila like this.
  18. Berrad_Bounty Journeyman

I would like more than 1 armor drop myself heh. It seems when they added the chance for the cultural drop, it took away one of the armor drops. I guess it literally can be a full year expansion to gear up, 1 person per week per slot! hah
  19. Mysl Augur

;) How many raiding guilds will be around by next expansion, if there is a next expansion at all.
  20. Axxius Augur

We got 2 armors, 1 cultural and 3 spells, plus iirc 3 other regular drops. So no, the cultural drop doesn't take any any armor or spell drops. They must be all independently random or whatever.