TBS flawed reward downscaling system

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhartor, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Captain Video Augur

That data isn't even close to accurate. First off, it's only showing guilds that exist today, and many dozens of guilds have folded or merged since 2007. Second, guild reporting to a progression tracking web site wasn't very common back in 2007, so what little information that site shows is bound to be more current reporting from current guild leadership relying on memory. Two guilds per server in current content in 2007? I can't tell you how silly that sounds.

When there has been a demonstrated bottleneck, some tweaks have been made. This isn't a bottleneck.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

EQ Players existed at the time. There wasn’t anywhere close to 15 raid rosters on any Live server. Prexus had around 5 guilds.
    Tymeless, SoandsoForumUser and Machen like this.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Do you just keep making stuff up hoping that people will get bored of dealing with the lies? You can click in to each server to view all the records and the vast majority of the tracked guilds are long since disbanded or merged, many have been gone for more than a decade.

So you think guilds came back years after they disbanded to upload kill data for GoD-SoD for... reasons? So far you're the only person who remembers these magical 15 guilds on every server clearing current raid content, instead of the 3-5 that we all seem to remember. Hell you can go to any old archived recruiting forums and look at what guilds were recruiting in those periods, the names and numbers match up against everyone's recollection except yours, isn't that weird?

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/f-67.html
  4. Captain Video Augur

I didn't say 15 guilds on every server, I said maybe as many as 15 guilds on the most popular servers. As for guild recruitment in 2007, the vast majority of it took place in-game, and the vast majority of recruitment that wasn't in-game took place in the Official SOE Guild recruitment forum, which no longer exists. If citing a fringe class-specific forum is your best evidence of the total volume of guild activity, your memory is far worse than mine.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I see 8 guilds listed for AB, but I also don't see some of the guilds on that list who were around at that time, (the non english speaking guilds).

Not every guild used the class boards to recruit, especially if it was a class you had plenty of.
  6. Triconix Augur

Looking at my old server for OOW and it looks about accurate. I remember being around 10 guilds raiding current content and it's pulling up 9-12 depending what you consider to be current. Most guilds raiding COA even a year after release so is that considered current?