TBM weapon procs - proposed solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Waldagar Augur

I am sure that making level scaling procs for weapons is a challenge. Here is my proposed solution that would allow for more customization. First you need to remove all the procs from the TBM weapons. Second you need to add a second type 4/8 slot. There are plenty of existing proc/dmg augs from CotF and TDS that folks could use to fill the slots. The existing 4/8 augs are already level appropriate. This would allow people to customize their weapons to fit their particular needs.

What do you say?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

This sounds good, and an upgrade to existing proc augs. They could be TS made or dropped or quested. I wonder if there's a limit on how many aug slots an item can have? :p
  3. Drayze Elder

Or they could learn the game they are designing by asking their player base for feedback....then actually use said feedback so that useful procs are on each weapon....

I suppose they should have probably used the above advice for the entire expansion....instead we get The Bug Mirror.
  4. Vazuvius Augur

Or just remove the debuff limit, if daybreak is really radically revamping the way the game is played might as well go for broke.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Be careful, you'll get the necromancers all hot and bothered.
  6. Donutsz12 Elder

Have to agree. adding a proc on weapons that causes 2 ticks of dmg which is very low causes it use more debuff slots making other spells not even stick. debuff limit alone is hurting the overall dps and hasn't been increased in a long time. Having this added multiply it 40(melee) which these procs uses up 80 debuff spots and making certain classes useless.
    Silv likes this.
  7. Vazuvius Augur

At this point you can only get so many dots up it really wouldn't matter much, we're talking the difference of 3-6 extra 'long' dots (the wounds line) I just think it's silly if people are forced to upgrade to DoT weapons due to ratios it's silly to restrict debuffs at this point.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

While having DoT procs was a horrible idea due to CC issues, adding a second type 4 or type 8 slot to the weapons is never going to happen. I really doubt that the Dev's want people to use 2x +11dmg augs in primary and 2x +10 dmg augs in secondary for the 1h'ers, or 2x+18 augs being used in the 2h'ers. If they were either to add another aug type it would have to be either type 22 or repurpose type 15* and the augs being used would be limited to various procs for the different levels. Since these are intended to be part of these weapons you could have them all be bought for like 1 Remnant of Tranquility and sell back to the vendor for 1 Remnant of Tranquility; or you could make these new augs player made and actually add some TS recipes which are actually worthwhile to this expansion. This would allow us to customize our weapons as we wish without unbalancing the weapons by adding far more dps to their use than intended.

*Type 15 augments, Emblems, currently only appear on BPs from the SoF thru VoA expansions. They could still call these new weapon augments Emblems, just have the new Emblems give procs for weapons. You wouldn't have to worry about the old Emblems and or these new Emblems being used in the wrong item either; due to the fact that all the old ones are BP only, and the new ones would be Primary/Secondary and and weapon type (1h vs 2h) limited.