TBM Raid Weapon / Shield Particles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zezack, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Zezack Journeyman

I just wanted to see if perhaps there were other people irked by the lack of raid weapon particles. While I'm sure it's no coincidence that the marketplace continues to have an influx of items that add such desirable looks- it leaves a most disgusting taste in my mouth.

I'm not looking for DB to pour resources into retroactive fixes for such oversights (though Roshen said it was a calculated move in his recent February update), but I for one believe raid weapons / shields should have that additional something that differentiates it from the look of group crap.

It just reeks of lazy... Like every flippin' aspect of our game is being restricted. I guess I need to get use to being served less and less and less by DB EQ team-- but I was hoping I wasn't the only one bummed by the slackass-ness in raid weapons (let alone all the other itemization fiasco).

*tear* miss my sparkles
    Sirene_Fippy and Arcainos like this.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

I think some people actually dont like all the sparkly stuff.

would be nice if had a way to turn it on or off. other than turning it completely off in the options.

better yet just make more ornaments for weapons from current weapon graphics.. not like much of the things are new really. and even the new stuff doesnt really look any better than the old stuff.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

The days of flaunting gaudy raid gear to the lowly grouper is over.
  4. Mintalie Augur

While fun, this is not something that even registers a blip on my radar... there are bigger fish to fry, and it looks like perhaps, with their limited resources, some of the issues are being addressed.

<3
  5. Warpeace Augur

I'm the larger scope of things TBM how is this even a priority?:confused:
  6. Kongfoo Elder

I think Daybreak disagrees with you. The monk weapon was a green, glowing drake skull that you could smack mobs with. In the itemization patch they changed it to a fairy wand with a spiky rock on the end. I guess they have to make money off of ornamentations somehow.
  7. Arcainos Augur

Agreed. I think more time spent on awe-inspiring weapons and shields would go a long way.
  8. Silv Augur

Guys, it would require no dev time... all of the EQ-quality particle effects are readily available on Pinterest:

[IMG]
    Zezack, Quuq and Mintalie like this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

What also goes a long way is when you request a Health partisan and there is actually mobs in the HA. Or when you do the Demiplane of Decay partisan and one of your steps to complete reads ???????. But sure let's spend time on shiny particles on weapons first.
  10. Silv Augur

Much like the cat in a bag and dog in a crate fiasco :rolleyes:... doesn't the art team do that sortof thing?
    Warpeace likes this.
  11. TibalMurphy Elder

Forget particles just add ornaments of the coolest looking weapons in the game....Underfoot raid weapons...I for one would LOVE to duel weild two, Heart of the Underfoot Katars...

Anyone else?
    Silv likes this.
  12. Silv Augur

Jansan or whatever it was (TS dev) talked about adding in more Pottery recipes for ornaments of 'old school' class raid weapons. Then he was axed.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Thinking outside the box will do that.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Weapon particles are probably just missing. The weapons had visuals, but weren't using them, probably a database mixup. Now they just have to turn on the particle effects.
  15. Sancus Augur

16. Arcainos Augur

That's tablestakes. It SHOULD go without saying, but you do have a point.
  17. Stell_CT Elder

This, Keep going on the player made ones that people liked. I would love to see the Underfoot raid weapons as ornaments. Hell, make some neat recipe that requires the Crushed clay gotten from handing in the weapons dropped from the UF raids to the NPC that gave you your choice from handing in 2.
    Zezack likes this.
  18. Quuq Apprentice

Paladins should get codpiece particle effects like that.
    beryon, Warpeace and Silv like this.
  19. Exor Haloslight New Member

How about make it so you can take an old shield that is no longer an upgrade for you and break it down with Blacksmithing so you can make it into an ornament for use on a newer shield? Make a distiller that you need to buy in thestore with DB cash to combine with the old shield to make it an ornament.
  20. TibalMurphy Elder

Kinda off topic bit because I mentioned UF I also think they should bring back crushing...seein the same weapons rot over and over again is a waste.
  21. Zezack Journeyman

I refuse to believe you didn't not notice no sparkles!

Oh to be at the EQ round table discussions.

But glad I'm not totally alone in this world :eek:
    Mintalie likes this.