Cannot Reproduce TBM Raid - High Bokon Boromas (instant death)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kakashi77, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Kakashi77 Elder

Category: NPC
    Date/Time: 24th July Sunday 19:08 (+8GMT)
    Server: Coirnav
    Target NPC: High Bokon Boromas

On our 2nd attempt of this raid we pulled high bokon boromas to the side wall, cornered and and started our burn. Around 30 seconds in (AE charm portion just started), high bokon boromas received 7 billion damage from an "unknown" source and died. This was also /reported in game soon as it happened.

[Sun Jul 24 19:08:19 2022] High Bokon Boromas died.

Here is a snippet of some of the dmg taken which is into the hundreds of millions:

07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 599969820 damage by Pyre of Jorobb Rk. III. (Critical Twincast)
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 187473082 damage by Mortiferous Wounds Rk. II. (Twincast)
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 1499715086 damage by Pulse of Disease VI.
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 499910092 damage by Cascade of Decay Rot I. (Critical)
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 599902488 damage by Annihilation Rk. III. (Twincast)
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 428506282 damage by Glistenwing Venom Rk. II. (Twincast)
    07/24/22 01:08:17 High Bokon Boromas has taken 249966362 damage by Livianus' Decay Rk. II. (Twincast)

Do note the times listed are from members in different time zones. Here is an uploaded image of the parse:
    https://imgur.com/a/woS5ffW
    Ebine, Sunshi, Svann2 and 5 others like this.
  2. Darkhain Elder

Please fix this event, because it feels like we've cheated to complete TBM raids.
    The issue might be due to charm and maybe something else in the equation, because most spells were from 1 necro who were charmed (counted as unknown source) .
  3. Kakashi77 Elder

It's also a blocker for us to get the achievement "Strong to the core" as he may die before hitting his 2nd phase to allow us to stack the debuffs.

I suspect this bug might have something to do with the AE charm. We had a chanter charm one of the adds and when he got charmed by the AE charm, high bokon boromos died within a second. It may or may not be related but certainly something to investigate further.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

Are you able to share any additional info? We have not been able to reproduce it on our side.
    Has this issue happened again?
  5. Tyreel Augur

This could happen back when TBM was launched. The issue is just worse due to the dot revamp. Even enchanter dots damage could cause issues.

Our solution at the time was each player casting dots to A) Not have any pets / charmed pets. OR B) Not dot.
  6. Ratalthor Developer

Does anybody affected have a log of the fight this happened in that they can share with us?
  7. Kendeth Augur

The same thing can happen on the Queen Velazul Di`Zok event in the EoK Chardok expedition. We had an enchanter get charmed one time on Miragul and their dots then murdered the queen on their next tick. It only happened the one time though despite other dot classes being charmed on other weeks.

Unfortunately I seem to be missing the logs for a few weeks around that day so I can't give any actual log data.
  8. Kakashi77 Elder

9. Ratalthor Developer

We have had a difficult time reproducing this issue. Has anybody encountered consistent reproduction steps for the bug?
  10. phattoni Augur

im not sure if this is the same bug or not, but sometimes when i get feared or charmed and have a dot running, it will tick for 100x the dmg and kill stuff instantly.

ive only ever seen it when feared or charmed.
  11. Sancus Augur

We had something similar happen on Primal Vampire, although only for one DoT, while the player who cast the DoT was charmed. Charm (perhaps fear too - don't know) definitely is a common denominator.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I believe both put you into an NPC state of some kind and it even says "LD" if I'm not mistaken. You can't be healed or cured either (making some old fear/charm with counters kind of funny). People often go LD (or used to) when dying while feared or charmed too.

Perhaps while in that special state focus effects are being read incorrectly?
  13. phattoni Augur

this is almost what it seems like, the focus effects are being ramped up a billion times while charmed/feared, causing massive damage(sometimes billions in seconds).

maybe this is what happens when npcs have focus effects?

it only seems to happen when i have no control over my toon. except mez, ive never seen it happen on a mez.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Yeah I kinda remember something like this before, like when the player was removed from zone the DoT's were being associated with the boss or something else which had bigger than player focus so the next tick was massive. I think something like this was fixed, but since they have been modifying how DoT's are applied/associated to players across deaths and such maybe it crept back in.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

Mez doesn't remove your control the way fear and charm do.
  16. phattoni Augur

didnt think so, i dont recall seeing the ld tag while mezzed. just feared or charmed.

maybe it has something to do with the LD tag?
  17. Ratalthor Developer

I am closing this thread as it is not something we are able to reproduce. If anyone experiences this issue reliably or is able to provide consistent reproduction steps, please open a new thread. Thanks!