TBM Possibly the worst Expansion yet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DrAxe, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Nolrog Augur

LOL. I thought the exact same thing when I read that comment this morning. Every expansion I've ever been helping to beta has been terrible, everyone hates it, and there is always a thread on the beta forums saying the release date needs to be pushed back. Every single one.
  2. Thraine Augur

I see people here crying about items being locked behind progression, why not just do the progression? does DBG have to spoon feed you gear to keep you interested? Thats what WoW is for.

There have been very few expansions where progression didn't need to be done and progression is all groupable these days. All i can say is its a good thing you guys weren't there in PoP when you needed a raid to get progression done lol i would have had to invest in a canoe to transverse the rivers of tears.
    Leex, Warpeace and Kiillz like this.
  3. Tiffy31 Elder

Didnt GoD make entire guilds quit the game? Seems like during GoD was when FoH, Afterlife, and the oldschool Triton members all quit. Also Im sure theres a lot more Im leaving out.
  4. Benzarden Augur

Meh, people always blame GoD. WoW was also released at the same time, which many guilds left to go play. I personally believe that the release of one of the most popular MMORPGs had more to do with the EQ exodus than an overtuned EQ expansion. I actually enjoyed GoD.

I've enjoyed TBM so far as well, but the amount of bugs can certainly get frustrating. With the Phinny server set to launch in a couple of weeks, we will definitely see where DBG's priority lies. I'm afraid that EQ2 and the TLPs both have priority over EQ1 for this team. We haven't even seen the finished version of over half the raids yet. Imagine what bugs await in T2 and T3.
    Kiillz likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Just think of how many times they can be broken with untested changes before we're keyed up to reach them!

We might see a broken raid, but it might really have been broken 4x!
  6. Aghinem Augur

The problem with this thread is the title. Needs to be changed from 'possibly' to 'is'.
  7. DrAxe Journeyman

The currency being tradeable is the only plus. However with this gear system, which is just lazy on devs part, locks 99% of the gear behind progression, instead of off nameds. This gives people something to do, even when they dont need any more gear for themselves, they can farm spells and drops to trade for Plat. Currency, will only be really worthwhile for the first month or so, then since everyone farms the same item (currency), Baz will be flooded. There is no range or rare drop timesync when all there is to farm is more currency.
  8. Zehn Lorekeeper

LOL .... ya, let's all make our own opinion of what we feel is the worst expansion, yet, day after day the same people threatening to quit, whine about fraud, and predicting doom are still logging in, and playing.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The people who quit during GoD did it well before WoW even came out, like 4-6 months before it came out. Few people really quit to play WoW, it just came along and the people who had already quit played it and then you had people who played both EQ and WoW. I am sure that some people actually did quit EQ to go to WoW, but most were just looking for an excuse and something new to do after the tuning debacle that was GoD.
    I recall no one at all who truly enjoyed GoD between its launch and the time it was retuned. People complained about it more than any other expansions to date. It was not until after they retuned it for level 65 as opposed to level 70 that people actually began to enjoy it. It is a great expansion, but that is only after the initial retuning that was done. Though they have went back and re-retuned parts of the expansion which have made it worse not better.
  10. Silv Augur

Biggest things that irk me:

1. Evolving spells. This was hyped up in the Live stream as a huge/exciting selling point... and yet here we are with nothing or no logical indication how to do so. Perhaps some is "locked" behind raiding (which is stupid aside from maybe the last rank or something) but people have pretty much finished the group content and yeah. Nothing. This needs to be on the fast track to being fixed or us being told "j/k guys... we completely lied about this mechanic we had so well thought out we talked about it LIVE!" [but never mentioned again in beta]

2. Progression/Collector's edition perks. Supposedly progression was an alternative to the merc/illusion benefits for zone-wide debuffs in this expansion (affects PoHealth, Crypt of Decay, and Crypt of Sul). As it stands, progression isn't mitigating them whatsoever so in this case it was basically a pay-to-win until it is (hopefully) fixed. ps. Crypt of Sul debuff seems a tad over the top especially if the mitigation mechanic is broken.

Beta should have been extended. They should have done exactly what they did with the new TLP: 'it will be released before the 1st of the year' and then gone accordingly based on Beta.

Worst expansion ever? Probably not. I'd argue it's better than TDS given the increased raids, etc. Matter of perspective.

Worst release ever? Well, if we don't count the week long downtime with Luclin, yeah... probably. Broken is broken. Not cool.
  11. Iila Augur

Not sure when exactly it happens, but now that I've finished all non-challenger, non-collection, and non-hunter group progression, I don't have the debuffs in TBM zones.
    Silv likes this.
  12. segap Augur

Don't worry. The illusion has never worked for me. It gives no benefit in either zone. Using the merc does halve the debuff. But as a tank merc, it does not hold aggro at all. Using my standard merc aggro is not a problem. Complete junk and broken.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Oh... probably need every mission then too. Groupers are going to love that.

At least the instances/HAs and stuff don't give you the debuff.
  14. Benzarden Augur

So much hyperbole and unfounded opinion disguised as fact in this post. Go back and read Furor and Tigole's well publicized rants. They began far before GoD ever launched. GoD was more like the straw that broke the camel's back. I do not believe that WoW was the sole reason for the 2004 EQ Exodus. However, it was certainly a contributing factor.
  15. Kolani Augur

Not even close, sadly. GoD was initially entirely too difficult, it's group content having been tuned against a level increase that didn't happen and raid geared people testing group content with a resistable proc - for people in Time gear. Prophecy of Ro was largely pointless and was mistuned too. Takish was too easy and you were done in minutes, the other way was blocked by Saga Skins.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Haste Lorekeeper

/Shrug...As an Enchanter I loved GoD before and after the re-tunes. I can't say anything good about TBM (I know about all the quests and raids) though because I'm not buying it (the first expansion I haven't) and I have moved on other then helping out my guild when roster management and other various leadership stuff.

God was too hard, PoR was pointless...but at least they were substantial in the amount of content released. DBG said that this was going to be a complete expansion with everything forward launched, so either that's another blatant lie to our faces or this is the extent of what you're getting.

I will always love the game, and with that I'll always end up logging in if nothing else but to harass Fllint but I cannot continue to support those who make development decisions for it. If going forward there's no more new content, people will be fine with that IF YOU'RE HONEST WITH THEM.

The deception in order to get people's money is worse than any over tuned content could ever be.
    Hiladdar, Lily and Garshok like this.
  17. Vazuvius Augur

This entire thread is atrocious.

TL;DR people (primarily in Triton) trying to convince themselves more than anyone else that their EQ hobby isn't a masochistic waste of time.
  18. Vazuvius Augur

Show me any non raid geared group that has completed TBM progression.
    They can't, the missions are locked behind DPS thresh-holds impossible to meet with group gear outside of extreme circumstances.
  19. Silv Augur

Annnnnnnd they moved away from locking most progression behind raids why? Right... it was a horrible mechanic since the game revolves around a larger population than hardcore raiders. Moreso today than in POP which is why they got away with it. Locking new gear for groupers behind progression that they need to do new progression... is QQ. Now, with TBM it's not a huge deal gear-wise if people did much of anything in the past year in TDS but the point stands.

As much as I hate it, I'm inclined to agree with this. Just about every mission in this expansion revolves solely around "can we burn it fast enough before mechanics kill us". I don't see the majority of groupers being able to hit that DPS check on top of dealing with raid mechanics. This may not be the case after they actually fix the bugs but I'd still be skeptical.
  20. Vazuvius Augur

I box a group built around being able to do WHATEVER I want in group content, I know exactly how to sync bard/sham/enc - I min/max and my toons do well over what any group geared character should do and I still can't meet some of the DPS thresholds and i'm stuck figuring out how to 'play creatively' to get past them (ranger on paffa mission anyone?) etc. It is absolutely over-tuned and out of touch with the player base.

3 million HP coffins with 18 seconds to kill? No emote, they spawn in random locations, etc. Exactly what group is doing 3 million damage in 18 seconds 4x back to back? No group geared players are unless you're boxing a few unique combinations (multiple wizards with IOG backup etc) it's ludicrous.
    Hiladdar likes this.