TBM HA scaling reversions: part 2 - when?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Prathun did part 1 - reverting problematic spells.

He left before completing part 2 -

When is the dev team going to finish the job?

So that's mobs hp/ac/mana, melee damage tables, maybe even a few need levels pegging back

It's been close to two years on the back-burner already, please get it done before a new wave of TLP players have to deal with that.

Phinigel, Selo, Miragul was already too many servers dealing with that mess.

Thanks.
    Nenton, Kakashi77, Barton and 3 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These really need to be put back to where they were, content on TLP servers shouldn't be harder than they were on live.

This has gone on too long already.
    Skuz, Barton and Velisaris_MS like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Why would they focus on the worst content in Everquest? It's not like it's going to effect the idiots who reroll every single TLP and do the exact same thing over and over.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Agreed !
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The first part of your comment is ignorance given voice.

The second part of your comment is entirely false since 3 servers made it to live with at least 1 active raiding guild.

Perhaps you should think before posting, you might not embarrass yourself as much.

FWIW I think every expansion EQ has put out is worthy of attention, including those that you mentioned but certainly not limited to those.
    Oakenblade likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fortunately the "idiots who reroll every single TLP" are not the sum total of TLP players.
  7. Legends Elder

Sounds like a big waste of time. The Devs have better things to do, sorry.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you never plan on playing though EQ to that point this won't affect you anyway, your opinion on this is therefore irrelevant.
  9. Legends Elder

Nah, the Dev time is limited and, as we all know, they have a small team, so they should focus on important stuff, not wasting time on this nonsense.

Did you just assume how far I plan to play EQ though? Yikes.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/yawn
    Oakenblade and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  11. Legends Elder

Is assuming how far people plan to play EQ very tiresome for you?
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

TBM wasn't that bad imho!

It was a very experimental expansion that was intended for the 75-105 level range, and was meant as a "catch-up expansion" for low-levels. It had weird group itemization, and reused zones from earlier expansions too much(as a cost-cutting solution?).
    But the quests/raids were allright and raid-itemization was great(I think type 5-augs was a great idea).

It is worth playing, If DBG can manage to fix the scaling.
  14. Legends Elder

It was a serious question. When you read people's posts, do you make up an expansion in your head you think they quit at or something. Just seems weird you think I won't play to the end.

/shrug
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you actually planned to play through TBM it would matter, it's as simple as that.
  16. Legends Elder

It would only matter if it made the expansion unbeatable. Pretty sure the servers you listed had guilds clear this expansion, no? If anything, it could be a fun challenge for us.

So again, seems like a waste of Dev time.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For group players yes it actually is, in era, after part 1 reversions it still requires a Raid Level tank for many HA

Until the spell reversions it was damn close to unbeatable for raiders too.

It was never intended to be a challenge for Raiders, that was never the point of any group content.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That wasn't, but original Frostcrypt and Ashengate was. But they only used that concept for one expansion, unfortunately.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Shakara Augur

I am kinda blown away how many people are upset at the prospect DPG would finish fixing something. In addition the amount of entitlement that people think the content they play is more important than content they do not.
  20. Legends Elder

Cool. So it's beatable. Again...
    It sounds like a waste of developer time to go messing around on something such a small percent of TLP players will be impacted by.

I'm excited to see this "damn close to unbeatable" group content when we make it here though. Maybe then I'll come cry like you for nerfs, probably not though.
  21. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

On Selo my guild stopped raiding in mid-CotF and my group was able to get through TBM. SK, Monk, Shaman, Mage, Rogue, and a merc. We had a mix of old raid and new group gear.

But we cheesed the hell out of the final mission.

PS. really amusing to see people arguing with nothing when you have a troll on ignore ;)
    Skuz likes this.