TBM: Grummus at Level 83

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, May 27, 2019.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

TBM: Grummus at Level 83 (L83-group):

After killing the 4 fellows and activating the items, Grummus looses about 50% of his hitpoints.
    Instantly going into melee gives the whole group 46k damage - for a level 83 instant death.

Changing strat and after using the items and Grummus has 50% hits we engaged range. Despite having the right distance no single spell/nuke did damage or had an effect.

It seems at L83 Grummus is somehow borked. Didn't tested at L100+ so far. Gave that up.

Zam and others say that if melee fails, range is the emergency solution. Both are not working. Any ideas or is this simply a bug?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Range, not spells - i.e. throwing/archery.
  3. NeverPayForLag Augur

Really? Bad....
    Thanks for that.

But why is there a 46k damage instant group death in melee after clicking all 4 items?
    Has anybody a clue for this mission?
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Your melee range insta-death is being caused by Grummus' aura. The aura is still up because of the clicky mechanic. At 46k/tick, the aura is apparently not scaling down for the level 80 range, but that's not really important.

Clicking all 4 items does not guarantee to drop the shield. While lots of theories on the correct click sequence exist, the theory that has worked most often for me has been the following:
    • Each mini drops a specific amulet.
    • Grummus will emote that two of the mini bosses turn to face each other.
    • Click the 2 (and only the 2) items which correspond to the two minis named in Grummus' emote.
    I have had 100% success rate when I clicked the amulets like this, but others have reported issues. Please report back with your findings :)
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

Many thanks for that.
    I tried it again and killed all but used first the 2 items which corresponded to the emote, after that I clicked the other two.

1. All 4 make 150k damage (600k)
    2. I clicked all because I missed the emote
    3. It seems that I clicked accidently the first two which corresponded to the emote
    4. Clicking others after that gives 300k but seems to not disturb the melee option

I got all 3 challenge achievements. Grummus was meleeable - it seems that clicking the first 2 at the start which corresponded to the emote did the trick. Everything else is then a cake walk.

I have to check that again. Perhaps it is only necessary to use one of the items for the corresponding emotes. I was not so sure about the emote - I don't find it in the logfiles. But the first item was for sure one of the guys in the emote.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  6. Fian Augur

I think this is only tuned for levels 105. At lower levels, the 105 spells are too much.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

oh yes.. making progression for Level 80+ and it is not very "tuned" for these levels esp. in the end missions. I am at the next mission getting killed over and over again while at 105 it was very easy back in the times. And Anashti Sul feels like a raid mob at this point. Another Bokon in a mission is healing himself completely which he did not at L105.

Group has full TBM gear for 80+, is at Gold and optimized. It seems I need to twink up to raid gear in HoT to be able to do some of these missions.