TBM AC or EoK stats?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Picaresque, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Picaresque Augur

Deciding whether or not to gear up a warrior, currently 106 in EoK T1 and conflagrant back and shoulders, and a Bi'faak sword. I have used a mage earth pet for group tanking with either a monk or bard puller. The two issues are:

1. How many AAs will be necessary to see some real progress in tanking and how long to get them (cannot raid and cannot spend lots of hours each day)?
    2. If #1 above looks feasible, should I go for the higher AC TBM/Security non-visibles which have lower HP than Conflagrant and EoK drops?
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Just go full conflagrant. As for AA's I don't know warriors, but I'm better after the 15k mark you should be fairly solid in the group game. Don't forget all the type 5's from TBM, then start knocking out the RoS ones.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

/echo Ofearl. 100% conflagrant, all 21 slots. Use your TBM currency to fill type5s. Spend your time on camping type7 augments. Make a list of the 20 you want to equip, start camping from the lowest/oldest/easiest forward, so that you have that many more defensive AA from camping them packed on by the time you get to the top of the list :)
  4. p2aa Augur

Been a while we finished the useful AA so we don't remember at how many AA you have done all the useful ones. As you will only do group content, look for HDex type 5 and type 7 augs. No need to balance heroic stats. Grab only the dropable augs with 40 + Hdex.
  5. Picaresque Augur

Thanks for the advice.

I have 9.7K AAs autogranted and purchased around 100 placed in CA and CS. Had access to some Remnants and purchased many Type 5s hDex along with some 216AC augments for TBM non-visible gear until I can get the plat for more conflagrant or get some made. It's a stopgap measure. Could really use a Conflagrant Tower Shield.

Stopped leveling for now and set slider to 100% AAs with the intention of camping AC augments and running TBM progression for Dicho Shield.
  6. Brohg Augur

levels > AA. if you're not 110, then keep on leveling to gain power fastest. The only exception is getting AAs that make whole new buttons (so, none for warrior)
  7. Picaresque Augur

Brohg, I appreciate the response. Could you please elaborate on why the next 4 levels are more important than the next 6000 AAs? I labored under the apparently mistaken impression that 4 levels were not as important as maxing out CA, CS, PE and other lines for the level. Also, is there sufficient power increase going from 109 to 110 at this point that would make securing the 110 level from 109 more important than increasing AAs?

I know I've played this game off and on since 2001, but I still don't understand the level over AA thesis as one closes in on max level.

Thanks.
  8. Brohg Augur

Every core game mechanic includes calculations based on your character's level. Every melee hit & melee defense, that's up to 8 every 2 sec for just one mob, every spell resist, etc.

Going up levels isn't just an unlock for other stuff. It's intrinsically powerful.
    Evast, Picaresque and Felicite like this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I agree that with most content, levels > AA.

Having said that, I do think there are situations where it is not important either way. If you are level 105 and want to do VOA progression, then I am not sure if it is going to matter if you put experience into levels or AA. A 105 has already out leveled that expansion, and I do not know if the benefits of being 106-110 would make anything easier for that content. And considering the absurdly low experience you are already going to get, putting it into AA you at least might see some results in doing it. As in, you might get 8 AA out of doing VOA progression via killing whereas you may get 1% of level 106. At least you can see character growth via 8 AA.

I hope that made sense. Again, levels > AA. But I would not say that 100 percent of the time, in rare situations it does not matter...
    Picaresque likes this.