TBL Stratos named farming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by took2summit11, Dec 19, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Was hoping to get some good discussion going which could help people bridge the gear gap to start moving through TBL. I did my first xp camp in Stratos last night and it went OK. I died several times throughout the evening on trash mobs, but I think all of them were while I was typing in the group.

The named we did last night was Infinite Horizon Star. I chose this camp specifically because it was one of the only named I could see that didn’t AE/nuke. We wiped on him once, rebuffed, waited for burns to come back, and killed him the second try. His ability was to make everyone cast spells slower, which in hindsight may have been more menacing than an AE. Group was:

5kac/200k hp/16kAA fully buffed pal
    Nec geared worse than pal
    Another pal that is grouped geared
    Raid geared bard
    Group geared wizard
    Cleric merc

Our kill had me die at around 50% (I took 1 round of 35k,35k,35k,30k,30k —> dead) and the other pally picked up tanking for the remainder of the fight.

Tonight, I am going to try Wild Blossom Star. It looks like he doesn’t AE but he may spawn adds, which I am hoping will be easily controlled with nec root punt.

Does anyone else have any insight on some easier nameds to start gearing up on in Stratos? Or conversely, some named that should most likely be avoided when primary focus is to gear up/xp (I am disgusted by the xp rate! Twice as slow as HS, but it is what it is I guess).
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Have the bard or necro pet tank next time /smirk

Maybe even pay a mage to have their pet tank.

I know it's pathetic and I've had to do that kind of ghetto tanking before...... but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

Loll, the point of this thread wasn’t to say I am failing, because it died..and will only become easier as I get more AA and gear. I am sure a lot of people are in a spot where ROS isn’t hard for them but Stratos is very difficult. Trying to get some discussion going on which named in Stratos can help bridge the gap. I will continue to update here as I farm the rest of the nameds.

What nameds have you killed, did any of them seem easier/harder? For instance, in HS the torment mob with the crazy AE is by far the hardest named in the basement..I can practically fall asleep on the other 3, but that one keeps me on my toes. Information like that I think/hope will be helpful.
  4. Tucoh Augur

How far have you progressed? Might be worth seeing if there are T2 mobs you can take out. It's not guaranteed that T2 mobs are harder than T1 but they drop much better gear.

Stratos itself is just a miserable zone to fight in with how difficult it is to move around and how when you move to a new island you have to worry about a new set of roamers instead of just clearing one spot.
    Nniki likes this.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

I agree completely..but have not Completed all of the trials yet to gain access to T2. That being said, have you killed any T2 nameds yet that seem pretty doable? Maybe it’s something for me to consider trying to lie/cheat/steal my way into some trials groups :)
  6. Tucoh Augur

You only need to do one trial to continue progression. Give Prisoner's Dilemma a shot.

https://tbl.eqresource.com/progression.php
    Riou likes this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Starshine, Icebreaker is doable with pal, mag, bst and 3 healer mercs. It's AE will kill anyone under about 170khp even with 2 or 3 healer mercs (the mercs being victims themselves). Fight him on the edge of the map by the tree to avoid adds and burn him down.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So true. I actually went back last night once I received some clarification on some information in EQ Resource that was incorrect. Honestly the only thing challenging was moving the boxes through that hot mess of a zone.
  9. eqgamer Augur

How does this work? Beat a trial and while STILL in task we can then zone to emp? Beat a mission, zone to emp?
  10. Tucoh Augur

Beat a trial get... 3? days of free access through plane of smoke.
    eqgamer likes this.
  11. Shadows Journeyman

With Tormented Adalora, your puller is going to be immediately inflicted with a nasty viral DOT which, after 10 seconds, spreads to everyone within 200' of them (just in time for your puller to return to the group). This wouldn't be so bad to deal with, except that 35 seconds after its initial aggro, Tormented Adalora casts a 100k AE. This is not the only mob in HS that casts that viral spell, but it's the only one that stacks it with a 100k PBAE.

The point of this is to say make sure to note the names of spell effects, research their data and what time they get cast relative to mob aggro and what their recast timers are. Another thing to watch for is directional casts. Note the same with adds - what time do they appear? mezzable? stunnable? cast anything? how many? timed? health-based? etc.

With Infinite Horizon Star, the AE is targeted (200'), so I'd look at keeping people 200' away from each other if possible (or at least keep healers separated).

With Starshine, the AE is also targeted (100'), so try to keep people 100' away from each other to minimize impact.

This sort of stuff doesn't really help with crazy melee rounds on the tank, but it's something.
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Voxvixen Journeyman

Alt tab 4 boxed Glassbeak, Eastern Radiant Glare and Blossom.

Mag-mag-dru-pal. Not easy at all, with win rate (so far) less than 50% on average. I have to pre buff and pre-activate burns, and come in with guns blazing. If anything goes wrong, it's over. Usually with 10+ summoned adds overwhelming one player, then topping the rest.

For reference, tylix and adalora in HS are pretty easy guaranteed wins for me.
    With dru, pal, and 2 healer mercs, i just aoe heal through everything.

I expect things will get a tad easier as i gear up and get more practice.