TBL SOLO/MOLO Game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jendan, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Jendan New Member

I see some back and forth regarding overturning, but I'm curious, what is the outlook on the ability to solo and/or molo in this new expansion?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. OrchardField Journeyman

I, a ranger tried moving the 1st mission. It’s pissible to root and shoot, but eventually the root will break. They’re casters. Between the 80-90k nukes or the 120k/tick dot, they’ve killed my merc at least 2/6 mobs I tried while rooted, and when root broke, they made a beeline to my merc (healer) the other times. I’ve killed 1/6 mobs, Eva Ed 1 time and died 4 times, but all 6 times, my merc was dead before me. It’s possible to molo, even as a ranger on Stratos, as none of the 6 summoned and none were resistant to (they resisted at times but weren’t immune) root, but either I need more merc AA to further reduce heal agro, or my merc needs more MR (currently no AA in that.)
    Jendan likes this.
  3. Monkman Augur

What’s your gear like?

If you’re a pally with EOK group gear and 16k aa I hear it’s pretty easy.
    jeskola, Pirlo, gnomeboss and 9 others like this.
  4. lancelove Augur

Please , Jendan is not part of the 4000....delete this!
    Jendan likes this.
  5. Vizier Augur

Raid geared toons breeze through without need for tactics. Group geared toons will need tactics like CC and such. It's far from overtuned.

I have group gear only.
    Jendan likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

You're going to want to group up to do the progression and unlock the zones. I don't know how moloable the zones are once unlocked.

I do recommend unlocking them ASAP though, because it's going to be like pulling teeth to get carried through in a few months.
    Jendan likes this.
  7. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Not a good time to be asking a question like this. The current bunch of devs have been on a rampage lately destroying all ways to solo/molo. My advice is to keep any advantages your class may have to yourself.
    Jendan likes this.
  8. Jendan New Member

Thanks for the heads up lol. I didn't realize solo/molo was a touchy topic.
  9. matouoli Elder

if you can kill into the 1st zone ..... good but that is the only zone you could kill , because all other zones are blocked with a crazy hard trials.....

from eqresource :
  10. OrchardField Journeyman

I fixed typos and will add to it. Tried again, merc survived, mob died, I died 4 sec after mob (no clue how, no dot on me, it was a nuker not a dotter) Merc at least ressed me so I could loot the collectable he had on his corpse before I evacced out to absorb full buffs again overnight in the GL. I

Like others have said, it's possible, but pretty tough. full t2 group gear from last expansion, maxxed AA's with chase bow and 3 pieces of chase armor., my success rate is now 2/7 and and really only 1/7 as I too died on the kill.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You're expected to have at least group gear from this or the previous two expansions before being able to reasonable solo/molo. Additionally, the progression expects you to get actual groups to do it. It also would not hurt to be well AA'd beyond the Auto-grant.
    Jendan likes this.
  12. Kolani Augur

The idea of tanking TBL in Scaled and just RoS group gear scares me, and I'm 310k/7500 ac buffed with 35k aa on my shadowknight. I've been rounded more than once.
  13. Daedly Augur

It shouldnt, my SK tanks there and your apparently has better stats than mine. He even tanked Fight Fire waves all at once. Had to hit him with DI mid fight a few times, but i made it. Wish i would have known they could be split thought, i just assumed everything was auto aggro....
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Kolani Augur

Most of the time my healer is a shaman, so I don't have the luxury of DI.