TBL: Palace of Embers Quest Stuck Step 1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sprezzatura, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Sprezzatura New Member

All,

I am beginning to work my through TBL progression but am stuck on Step1 getting Flame Consuming Hand to spawn in Empyr by killing the 'same type of mob'. I have read through all related threads on where and how to get him to spawn.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/palace-of-embers.253439/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/palace-of-embers-quest.253318/

1. I have ensured me and all members of my party have dropped the quest, deleted the existing blue mercenary contract, and re-acquired the quest and contract.
    2. I have killed spiders exclusively in the north for hours on end.
    3. I have killed armors, moving from Tower1 to Tower7
    4. I have camped the armors at the two towers in front of the Alishai Zone entrance for hours on end.

I have spoken with guildies and others on the server, and in Empyr on how they got him to spawn or whether they've seen him up, and tried any and all of their suggestions
    I am aware that when he spawns he can roam (or that he doesn't pop out of corpse), so have been checking to make sure he's not spawned elsewhere in the zone.

I completed Prisoner's Dilemma on the 31st January and have tried without success daily up to and including today to get this guy to spawn. I checked the release notes from the recent patch but they didn't mention this quest.

I've raised a petition and bug report on this to exclude two possibilities
    (a) the quest is bugged, and/or
    (b) I or one of my other 5 characters are bugged.
    but without response or succcess (the petition team say they can't respond to in-game mechanics)

I'd really like to know whether I'm
    (a) killing the right mob
    (b) the right number of said mob
    (c) if some other mob type get mixed in does it reset some counter or is it ok?
    (d) in the right locations

I am at my wits end on this one... I'll happily take any suggestions or stories of success.

Thanks

Sprezz
  2. daBlubb Elder

Instead of Flame Consuming Hand, there is also a chance Bright Exultant Wishing is up. Both NPCs seem to work and i dont know if two are able to be up at the same time.

Perhaps there are even more NPCs for Step 1.

daBlubb
  3. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

We've done this quest several times. I recommend killing everything around Tower 2 near where Iron Fist spawns in order to get him to spawn. Always done the quest right there and neve rhad any problems.
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Sorry, had the wrong name in my head. I meant Iron Heart.
  5. Ugloth New Member

When the named spawns it will walk right up to your group so no need to look for it. I do spiders myself.

One time I was there forever and it wasn't spawning so ran around and found the snail side one up. So it's possible another group spawned it then didn't kill it and it might be in the same "lore" group of named that only once can be up at a time. That wouldn't answer though if it's an issue over multiple days.
  6. Lubianx Augur

I have noticed that one or more of these mobs is up pretty much all the time, you just have to find them.

I helped a couple of guildies a few nights ago. The zone was empty bar us. Two of them were up. We killed one and it pretty much respawed within 1 minute.

I would suggest look throughout the entire spider area and near tower 2 before killing, you may have some luck
  7. Sprezzatura New Member

All,

Thanks for your responses.

You (the collective) prompted me to look more carefully. 'Empty Ash Hero' (the Snail Tender) was up (and had been for days actually). I spoke with him this morning and the quest syntax progressed as normal. I was fixated on Flame Consuming Hand because I'd seen him up previously (before I was interested in the quest) and hence had a blind spot the size of Texas on 'other potential names'.

The second part of the quest proceeded without incident - 'All Consuming Sound' spawned within 10minutes of killing mobs in and around the ponds to the south of the Palace.

Onto Brass Palace and Contract for War.

Sincerely,

Sprezz
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Gratz, glad you got the win.

Both Brass Palace and Contract of War are both fun missions.