Info Needed TBL Fire and Fury Quest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kimosavi, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Kimosavi Journeyman

Hi Guys,

Fire and Fury appears to be bugged. Over the last few months I have tried it around a dozen times killing literally hundreds of Phoenixes and its not updating the Reveal the Truth step. I have clicked the wand on literally every kill and the golem is not spawning to update the task. I bug reported in game a few months back and just tried the task now again thinking surely its been fixed and its still not updating. Could you please fix so I can continue progression ?
  2. Duder Augur

Did you kill the phoenix while it still had the buff on? I always clicked when the mobs was less than 10% health.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Cannot reproduce, so.
    I need nearly exact steps you are taking.
    Where are you? (/loc)
    What do you do when you engage the NPC
    What debuffs are you casting on the NPC (I don't need to know instant damage spells, that's just damage... so not going to be something ON the NPC when it dies)
    Are you using a pet?
    When do you click the wand?
  4. Kimosavi Journeyman

I grab the quest from Horizon Blighted Sage, on the bridge in Empyr. Im pulling the phoenixes to the bridge using distant strike (Monk pull AA) area and melee them down, when they are around 15% or less I click the wand to prebuff the phoenix and then kill while it still has the buff on. A few months back I wasnt using a sham pet but now am and hasnt made a difference. Group is Monk / Sham / Merc Cleric and Merc Tank. I mostly always use Staff of Viral Flux also when pulling to lower resists for poison/disease for sham, dunno if that could be causing the problem. In addition sham debuffs on the phoenixes are Malaise / Turgurs Swarm / Counterbias.
  5. Kimosavi Journeyman

Just attempted again this time NOT using the debuff of Staff of Viral Flux and the task updated after around 4-5 kills. Maybe the Staff of Viral Flux debuff was affecting the task update and preventing spawn of the elemental to update the task?
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not sure why that spell would matter, but it's possible.
    The thing is, only certain phoenixes count. Perhaps you were always picking ones that don't count? It's unlikely since one of the 4 immediately visible from Horizon counts. The cluster near the base of the bridge on the south side doesn't...
  7. Kimosavi Journeyman

I was clearing Phoenixes on both sides of the bridge, I kept at it for ages till frustration got the better of me due to the task not updating and then moved onto other things. Not using the viral flux click was the only thing different I did in getting it to spawn yesterday between my myriad of attempts prior without success. Might be worth looking into to see if thats the cause.
  8. Benemage New Member

After obtaining the quest, I killed the Wildfire's near the NPC.
    When at low health I clicked the item and verified the debuff was on them at the time I killed them. No enraged mob spawned (I think that is the "Bug") for each kill the task does update (3 required). The next step is "Reveal the Truth" and the NPC Horizon Blighted Sage will *NOT* accept the return of the item (I don't need this you may have it back). I've attempted the task now multiple times. I have been unable to "Reveal the truth" and while the NPC does provide lore text it does not advance the task nor accept the clicky item back to complete the task (So either the spawning of the enraged or the NPC accept item transfer is the cause of this bug).