Taunt vs red con

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Newbwarrior11, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Newbwarrior11 New Member

Was there any definitive answer on the question, "Is it possible for taunt to be sucessful on a red con mob?" Thanks for the help i tried search and google cant find anything....
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Yes, it is possible to taunt red cons. Taunt is a terrible skill to be reliant on, though, it fails frequently even against trivial cons.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Taunt will succeed on a red con mob. There are more factors than just taunt that are in play for gaining "aggro".
    Taunt is +1 on hate to the person most hated.
    A Mob will not hit you with just this +1 Value.
    Once there is a successful taunt you will have to do something else to gain "aggro"

Taunt has some weird calculation that deals with Your taunt skill level, Your level, Mob level, Mob intelligence, and the most hated's Level, to determine a successful taunt. (I could be way off this just going by what i see in game)
  4. Dre. Altoholic

The best answer is probably "not reliably". If you are high enough level to use Ageless Enmity (AA) or Undivided Attention line of discs, go with those before dropping your hate bombs.

If you're lower level, yell at your group to stop ripping agro. Warrior agro is a joke pre-96.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

God, I remember having that discussion in the Well with a meany faced necro <eye twitch>.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Fast DoTs were bad enough, I had a necro in my FS during HoT that didn't like to FD until he got summoned. Our healer was particularly pleased.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Mayfaire Augur

haha! I can do you one better. I had a necro guildy who could never get FD off in time because they refused to get off their horse. :eek:
  8. Ravengloome Augur

/dismount
    /alt activate 933

double click it. Done instant dismount instant FD.
  9. Brohg Augur

don't even have to. FD will knock you right off your mount on its own
  10. Mayfaire Augur

Was that always the case, Brohg? This was back in the fall of 2012, and I remember guildies teasing him about it. (Never played a class that can FD, so not terribly familiar with the mechanics of it).
  11. Riou EQResource

I think only Skill based FD (that is Monks) wont kill mount to FD you.
    Brohg likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Being unwilling to FD, regardless, makes him a bad player, bad to group with.