taskbar tweaker for boxing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Dec 1, 2016.

1. moogs Augur

If you multi-box and you want to click instead of alt-tab to switch instances of EQ, try this:
    http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

I use the options "Don't group" and "When not grouping, place new items next to existing ones" to separate the stacked application tiles on the taskbar. SOE broke this a few years ago and it has never been fixed.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  2. mackal Augur

You can actually break this with a registry change rather than using a program that injects into explore.exe

Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
     "IsHostApp"=""
    Just add that to a file named eq.reg and double click it. Will make explorer not group them with no 3rd party software.
  3. moogs Augur

Thanks, that works also.
  4. Ishtass Augur

I've used the taskbar tweaker linked for years, very powerful tool, can do many nice things.
  5. Bigfan Augur

Holy craptacos, i've been looking for a way to fix this for so long! thank you!
  6. moogs Augur

The only thing is you forgot the all-important first line of code which makes or breaks the whole thing. Here's what it needs to look like in order to merge into the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
    "IsHostApp"=""
  7. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

I use it with my [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. I have to have all my accounts in order. Before Taskbar Tweaker, I'd have to reload them all if one crashed.
  8. mackal Augur

Sorry about that, Windows isn't my main OS, I just did it in regedit personally and knew it worked. Guess I didn't copy and paste enough :p
  9. moogs Augur

Heh. It's cool. Windows is my main OS. I do desktop support for a living. Nice find with the registry hack.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.