Task NPC(s) do not spawn, unable to progress task

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zhaunil_AB, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Doing TDS partisan task "the cover of night", despite VERY noticeable chat-lag.
    After the "Defeat the sirens attacking Quigley and Saldar 0/10" step,
    Quigley the Australian erm.. gnome did not want to answer/update hails for a while.
    Spammed him with hails, step updated.
    Active Step is "Rescue Brother Sprudd from the sirens 0/4", only that neither the Brother nor the Sirens seem inclined to spawn.
    Neither where they are supposed to spawn, nor anywhere else on the island that can be seen without track.
    (No idea if they MAY have spawned under the surface, but i doubt it)

If that's somehow related to the chat-lag (because whatever sub-system is handling task-steps needs to "update" the insteance or whatever...
    Just HOW LONG are you intending to have that affecting us?
  2. Gwadar New Member

This is not the only task that has become "bugged"/un-doable. Task Burden of the Past does not spawn the Captain and his guards and other task are as well affected by it
    tanith likes this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have re-done it today, and it worked fine.
    I am almost convinced it's also a side-effect of the chat-lag we're facing.

One has to wonder what exactly they let run across or even on that chat-server...
  4. Pootle Elder

I was running through those tasks a month or so ago. During chat lag I have noticed that task updates can also be delayed quite significantly. And if you progress too fast or hail someone before its all caught up the tasks can become jammed.

Only solution is to quit and come back after the lockout.
  5. High Voltage Augur

Had the same, also on AB - the task step is updated, but the game just acts like there is still one hail missing. Nothing you can do at that point beside redoing the task.
  6. Venea Journeyman

I had a similar, but also unrelated issue the other day, doing a task against the Gnolls in....I forget the zone, but it's in Serpent Spine. Kill 5 gnolls, 2 defenders spawn and attack. One of the defenders spawned under the floor, and fell to DespawnTown. So I couldn't complete my Task. :\
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I have had this happen during the edge of balance after defeating the last guy he just walks off after doing all the hails and the quest dialog never continues on. Basically dropping the task and getting it again worked but it sucks having to run through it a second time. TDS is the only expansion I have had this happen on regarding dialog issues. Older expansions I have experienced bugs just strait up killing things way to fast resulting in the quest not updating.
  8. Pootle Elder

If it looks like things are running slow, you really have to pay attention to your Task Window, or tag it so your task is showing on the screen.

Don't progress fast, and by this I mean kill one at a time and Hail once only... then watch for the number to increase...

Task: Speak to BobbyBobbins 0/5
    Hail once and wait... wait... wait... until you see it go to 1/5

I've been in tasks where this has taken a full min.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Sadly, that is not really an option when going for a time trial.
    Plus, even that workaround does not always work either.

What's the solution obvious?
    Fix underlying chat-issues!
    (since this seems to happen when there is heavy chat-lag, the two seem connected)
  10. Bartleby Journeyman

So Im sitting here at Quigley... And there is No Brother Sprudd No Brother Dockle. Meaning I can't turn in and finish Just Recompense. 3 Years later.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These 2 are weird for some reason they are there but invisable, sometimes relogging allows you to see them.

Boxed this task a while back and 1 char could see them the other couldn't. I'm pretty sure I fixed it by just relogging.
  12. Bartleby Journeyman

Had to literally log all the way out restart and log everyone back in. Again, this is 5 years into that expac. /smh