Tanking TBM Group and Raids, HDex vs HAgi

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tucoh, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I did more parses like Goodurden's (link) with a TBM group geared ENC on Live & Test.
    1 - ENC with 838 HAGI, 122 Avoidance, no shield
    2 - ENC with 810 HAGI, 73 Avoidance, no shield
    = 49 Avoidance difference

Updated results:

[IMG]

I noticed some issues - the value I had thought before for Avoidance % (0.09% or ~0.1% Miss every 10 Avoidance) doesn't hold up for the ENC parses. In fact the ENC sees double the same Miss % for gaining Avoidance (0.18% per 10 Avoidance) as the WAR does. Another problem is that the ENC having > 800 HAGI does not avoid (Miss) as much as the warrior with only 566 HAGI (ENC=18% vs WAR=19.57%). After a bit of thinking I decided the avoidance was probably more like Avoidance AC calculation, if we were to use two different classes (WAR vs ENC).

Avoidance AC equation from Dzarn's post about AC:

[IMG]

If you calculate the Avoidance AC for WAR and ENC in each parse (in above table), it more clearly shows Miss % as a function of Avoidance AC:

[IMG]

According to the graph, ~70 Avoidance AC nets you 1% Miss. Avoidance as a bonus stat should only be taken into consideration as a part of Avoidance AC. Item Avoidance is 1:1 for Avoidance AC returns, but overall it is only a small portion of your total. You get ~22% of your HAGI or AGI as Avoidance AC, and 177% of your Defense skill. In other words,

10 Avoidance AC = 10 Item Avoidance = 45 AGI or HAGI = 5.625 Defense = 0.14% Miss

Also:
    • 10 Defense skill (Alaran Tear) = 17.78 Avoidance AC = 0.25% Miss
    • AGI tribute (Symphony of the Rabbit 12, Dance of the Hero 10, Trophy of Dreams) = 24 + 20 + 18 = 13.78 Avoidance AC = 0.2% Miss
    • +400 HAGI = 89 Avoidance AC = 1.27% Miss
    This doesn't take Combat Agility into account, so some of the difference between WAR and ENC may be caused by Physical Enhancement (5% chance to avoid melee, which ENC doesn't get).
    Riou and Rorce like this.
  2. josh Augur

Correct me if I'm wrong or am just missing it but it seems like you are ignoring the hagi/10 part of the avoidance ac calculation. should be more like

10 avoidance ac = 10 item avoidance = 45 agi = 31 hagi = 5.625 defense = .14% miss

I don't know if my change is exactly right but it would be something like that i think.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Nice catch, you are completely right.

Here's the fixed table/graph:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I added a 2nd trendline for the ENC since it's not the same scale as the WAR. My conclusion is that... more ENC HAGI parses are needed. :p But I can't gear the ENC out any more than I have, will have to leave that to the pro ENCs. It's interesting that the WAR avoids more for the 566 HAGI parse (19.57%) than the ENC with higher mitigation AC. This might be because of Physical Enhancement.
  4. Tucoh Augur

bump for bladebro