Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Zalamyr Augur

It is worth pointing out that (at least warriors anyway, can't speak for the other tanks) have some insane scaling with adps, probably the highest "scale factor" of any class. This is because nearly all of their dps comes from auto attack and nearly all of their damage boosts are from innate AAs or passive buffs that scale and stack with everything. This makes them easy to fully support (melee factors only) and they get full or near full value out of everything, because they have so few effects themselves.

For example, hundred hands is a powerful effect, which makes beast dicho great. But if your class has hundred hands effects of their own, you're only gaining the difference between the two, since they don't stack. Since warriors have no hundred hands effects of their own, they always gain full value.

You can repeat that idea for nearly every "uses highest available" effect in the game and find warriors probably don't have any of those abilities and the few they have are very, very short duration. Most classes suffer at least some significant overlap with support buttons, but warriors have almost none.

With all that said, perhaps warriors (and perhaps other tanks, again, not my area of expertise) would be better served to have their dps stances changed to add a smattering of effects like hundred hands, increased crit chance, increased flurry chance, etc, while reducing or removing the flat damage mod on them. The end goal being to lower baseline dps a bit, but also lower scaling as well, since they'd no longer gain full benefit of support effects.
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Elenaglar New Member

When i am tanking in EOK just shm suportet my dps various between 50- 90 k with Dualwield and similiar but a Bit higher with 2h. Yes with Fullbufffs not tanking and so on it can be higher. But a war should do that dmg because it Makes it easier to hold the agro against afk Wizards and so on. Every Nerf post here sounds for me like: I cant play my own class, i know nothing about my class role in eq and dps is the only point in eq why to Play a class. Stop whining , learn the places of your classes and stop thinkink about dps. Everquest is Fun Not DPS!!
  3. shiftie Augur

Wait a warrior needs to do Xdmg to hold aggro
    fransisco and Thancra like this.
  4. Sliders Journeyman

Elenaglar is right. If a warrior does 200k dps, and a dps class does 180k dps, then the dps class should be happy and learn how to not take aggro from the warrior, thus effectively doing their job as a dps class, and even if they're at the top of the game and still see this sort of discrepancy, they're obviously wrong because they are doing less dps than the warrior. It's not a class imbalance, it's that they are bad players. DPS classes that complain that other classes are doing their job better than they can know nothing about their class role in eq, which is dead weight. It all makes perfect sense...
  5. p2aa Augur

Yes this is correct, 99 % of raiding guilds put their warriors in tanks groups.
  6. p2aa Augur

If you think warrior will accept to see their DPS reduced, while knight DPS remains the same, you will be very disappointed.
  7. GoneFission Augur

It's fine to optimize your class and try to do better. It ruins the fun of the game when the metrics start to rule. One of the things I loved about EQ was that it isn't a twitch game. You need to make good decisions, but you don't have to be hyper about playing just-so. The discussions about highly optimized key maps and rotations are becoming de-riguer on playing standards. Reading someone post that Drogbaa isn't THAT good because the video shows he uses a mouse leaves me wondering what's this game turning into?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Belexes and Murphy like this.
  8. Murphy Elder

Sadly the WOW have infiltrated the camp. With the DPS applets, etc in tow.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

I dont think you understand what all went into making war dps so high, if war dps gets reduced so does knights. A joke I guess is way above your head.
    Sheex likes this.
  10. Murphy Elder

All you need to do is adjust the content vs. adjusting the players(Classes). That permits you to focus in a particular expansion content as well.

I thought one of the bests posts in the SK thread regarding swarming was someone who said, "put some mobs that gate and summon" into the mix...problem solved. That's the kind of thing these "class balancers" need to embrace.
  11. fransisco Augur

umm... whats the point of a dps class then when the tank does more damage and is also a.... tank
    Vrinda likes this.
  12. Xanathol Augur

*Eats some popcorn*
    p2aa, Xeladom, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  13. Valik New Member

This..... and if a dps class is ripping agro, they clearly need to learn how to better manage thier agro... in essence your saying the end game raid forces should be what 5 zerk 10 shaman 39 warriors? Group content 1 sham 1 zerk 4 warrs? No need for other classes or defined rolls it seems.
  14. Sliders Journeyman

The sarcasm... it was lost...
    Sancus likes this.
  15. fransisco Augur

Yup Xanathol.
    Both are completely valid. Shamans get a dps boost. Yay for them. Shamans still need a tank and a group to function.

Tanks do dps lvl dps, but don't need a group to function. Get a merc if your not an SK, and go to town.
  16. fransisco Augur

because its still kunark and the ONLY way to generate agro is via dps?
    No AAs, no clickies, no disciplines, no weapon procs, no gear focus, no yellow mana, nothing? Just.... dps........

As for group make up, thats pretty much what all tanks in this thread have been saying. They should tank, and also complete for top dps numbers.
    Valik likes this.
  17. Vdidar Augur

This thread has devolved into nothing but comedy and alternative facts.
    Gyurika Godofwar and sojero like this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Fake news? :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vdidar like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not really your fault chief, our BBv2.0 is not much for the sarcasms.
  20. Xanathol Augur

Tossing your inaccuracies aside, by your logic, a tank + dps + merc = over powered, but a preist + dps + merc = ok? And nevermind raid settings... I'm not even debating one point or the other but am rather fascinated by your argument alone.
    p2aa likes this.