Tank DPS Nerf Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fintank, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Vdidar Augur

Again this is factually incorrect. This is only your opinion and as such that does not mean it is correct.
  2. Xanathol Augur

The thing is, the numbers people have posted on this board are not better than 'everyone but zerkers'. There's been one post that claimed a warrior did ~290k over 13+ minutes and I believe it was already pointed out by someone that it was padded. Maybe our warriors aren't doing as well but then again, maybe your other classes aren't. Right now it is just a bunch of claims one way or the other.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

I wont say anything about war and paladin dps. SK dps was tested thoroughly during beta and reported to the dev crew. We worked with them to bring our dps up, and they did awesome things to get it there, Hi HT crits!. I don't think they are going to come back and nerf (at least sk) dps atm. I will be honest and tell you those parses were very high, but nothing the other tanks were not doing at the time either.

SK is heavily front loaded a bit with HT crits, thought leech, t'vals, and carmine. We drop off way faster after that but are still not in a bad place at all.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Forget beating wizards. If tanks are beating any dps class, that is too much.
    Otherwise, those dps classes should be able to tank raid mobs in exchange.

Everquest isn't WoWarcraft. Warriors on that game can be dps classes, but they then dps classes can change their abilities to also be tanks.
    In EQ, you have your role. Rogues, monks, rangers - their job is dps. They cannot press a button and start tanking 3 mobs while napping, much less raid mobs.

Warriors and SKs can in EQ. Hence they are broken and need nerfs.
  5. Millianna Augur

Then prove me wrong - provide a data set of relative information. Run all three tanks (group geared and buffed) through EoK HAs and missions. Three missions and HAs with timer running from the start of the first to the end of the third. Numbers are just numbers without units attached to them. Those who attach units to them ate typically trying push a political agenda. It's typically time that tells the truth.
  6. fransisco Augur

Whats the point. Every time someone provides numbers - it is decided the parse doesn't count because "reasons".
    If you deny it, give us parses that prove it is not true.
    Vdidar likes this.
  7. oldandnasty Augur

From the EQ class descriptions: "Warriors are the masters of armed combat and defense, taking the point in battles and going head-to-head with the most dangerous creatures of Norrath. Warriors are a melee class with the ability to wear plate armor and wield all types of weapons."

"Masters of armed combat" sounds to me like they should be able to add some DPS when not tanking. Don't know why people think warriors should not DPS but the class description leads me to believe they should be up there.
  8. Vdidar Augur

I don't think anyone disputes that they should be able to add some dps but being a premiere dps class is a problem.
    IblisTheMage and Drogba like this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

There is absolutely no data that you would accept anyways so it's pointless. Also there is a video of a certain sk soloing every tMB and EoK mission. Not molo so if you need more evidence I suggest you start searching the internets. This isn't all a big conspiracy as much as you want it to be. It's every dps class minus zerkers that have been slighted again wanting a little bit of fair play. Three tanks have been very vocal in this very thread about how wrong it is of us to compare apples to apples for "reasons" and at the end of the thread those three will still be the ones looking like fools. It's not something new for them either.
  10. oldandnasty Augur

Say it all you want, maybe they need to boost caster DPS, but Monks and Rogues don't get masters of armed combat in their Melee descriptions. It is all just a matter of opinion based on personal interpretations. My interpretation is that a master of armed combat should be able to rock a DPS meter when in a situation to do so (not tanking).
  11. Millianna Augur

I am NOT the one requesting the removal of an archetype's stance. As pointed out, the data provided is not representative of the actual population. If anything the data provided points to issues with very specific abilities.
  12. Valik New Member

I play a Monk with these fellas, while I dont consider myself to the caliber of Sarc or Savager, i like to think im pretty good at my class and in the top tier in ability. That being said, current contrnt with full adps provided? Lucky to hit 150k dps at most. More often in the range of 100-135k dps. Now obviously in tbm those numbers go up and i am able to parse over 200k dps on High Bokon etc of the stars align and my tongue is held the right way. But that take alot of luck. Zak consistently, if put in N adps group, blasts a 300-350k dps parse with relative ease and alot less button mashing. Your closest comparison to warr dps on the melee tree, other then zerks who are insanley and brokenly OP, would be not including rangers and beastlords since they are "hybrid" but still parse well....are rogues, who are still behind the 8ball to warr. How is it not broken, or how some people consider it to be relevant for tanks when provided idebtical support to double up true melee dps is beyond me. Want to to dps roll a zerk (for now) want to tank? Well, roll a tank class. I cant tank raid mobs as a monk much longer then earthforce lasts. Just because some people dont have the abikity to reproduce the parses for themselves dosent deem it a non issue. Understsnd this thresd wssnt crested as a screw you, but a plea for class balance and role restorstion. Hell, monks were neutered of any utility longgggg time ago. 30 second mend you say? Its great ya.. bout all we have is a bit more survivability for a 50-100k dps trade off... watch the twitches and see the tank parses.
  13. Millianna Augur

The only thing that matters is sustained DPS. Also, what about SKs and Pals? All this stuff about wars...
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's hardly the sole reason, but the "how does it feel" sentiment is still pretty obvious and strong, and not really even misplaced.

It *is* predictably ironic that many of the same people crying that pets were too good at tanking and that pet users shouldn't be able to both tank and dps at the same time, are now totally cool with themselves being able to tank and dps-like-many-dps-classes simultaneously. "They took err jerbs!" works both ways, brosefs.
    Vdidar, Sancus and fransisco like this.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

SK already got a nerf. and pallies suck, back to the war on wars
  16. Millianna Augur

Then leave the 2hs stance out of it.
  17. Vdidar Augur

My hate is still strong. I have no qualms saying that. It's also wonderful watching them squirm.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

They can have it if they want, it will lower us a bit during the short term, but we will get a good bit of dps back during the dot revamp....I hope.

I hate stances period. I think they are one of the single biggest breakers of the game.
  19. Xanathol Augur

A Monk 40475k@331758sdps (340122dps in 119s)
    Another Monk 49569k@296822sdps (309808dps in 160s)
  20. sojero One hit wonder

I believe he meant over a 12 min period like the war parse.
    Sancus likes this.