Take a look in the mirror or the people around you...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Verrse, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Complete agreement here. Effective enforcement of current rules out to come before a possible plethora of new rules. Having said that, the current state of staffing and/or funding makes complete enforcement a bit unlikely. Still, the banning of a few "bot armies", as some like to call them, might go a long way towards discouraging them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Buri Augur

Now you're just being ridiculous. I bought a krono from Daybreak, and traded it to a player who used it to fuel his subscription. This is what Krono are for. I didn't circumvent anything, they wouldn't have introduced Krono if they didn't want us to buy and use them for this purpose.

Then you introduce "IF" scenarios.. well, I didn't use it for that, and even if I did, so what? What's wrong with people farming and selling? That's part of the game.

Also, they wouldn't have made tradeskill items tradeable if they intended for everyone to have to train tradeskills themselves. They made tradeskill items tradeable on purpose, to stimulate the in-game economy.

The entire transaction was done by the books and within the rules, and had nothing to do with any RMT or outside sources. To even suggest otherwise is laughable.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Febb Augur

I took a look in the mirror and couldn't see anything. You know, I got bit in the neck last night and started veeeeeeeling kinda vuuuuunny.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Vicus Augur

I don't blame the krono farmers..or the bot crews...or the people who write the programs that allow this to take place...there is only one company to blame, DBG's. I don't even fully blame DPG's because I am sure they are just stuck in a system where if they do something about it they get in trouble due to sale declines from big Brother.

After all these years DBG's could have allowed the devs to expand their merc program to legit replace boxes. They could of had a system where you could "gear" out your merc, get them aa's, and put a little more control on what they do by the playbase (Merc shaman, legit tank, make a wizard merc port you,ect) charged a fee to use the system and Boom...a box crew that DBG's profits off of and all the money is in house. OR DBG's could of just bought out the macro crews and made a deal where they made the system part of the game and once again all the money goes to the game. But instead we have box crews allowed on live servers, not allowed on Truebox servers but people are paying for ways to get around these systems with Vm's and cheats ect.

DBG's failure to act is the real problem. Not the players who pay 14.99 a month, it's the people who spend that 14.99 from the customers in the least productive way possible.
  5. Tachyon Augur

I don't agree. I just ignore them!
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Like it or not, we're all in this together.

What's that bumper sticker they like to use? Coexist?

Chill pill. Have one. plz
  7. Metanis Bad Company

I probably misunderstood your post. I thought you were buying a tradeskill item from that player.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yes well lets look at this shall we.
    3rd party auto bots farming elite. Suckers players buy these with krono, they use there 'stimulus check' to buy Kronos from DB button to buy this item. Anyone buying anything in the game for 4+ krono is a fool! Cross server tells, WTS stupid slightly better item (elite) ... " how much "?. 15 krono!
    OR buy a campfire right to loot for 500k plat.

GM's don't do squat. Boxes of Wizards BOOM! take our camp? no no no pay me to allow you to take a shot at this item. They dominate the zone, the camps.

Either way, the 3rd party program player is consistently at the same camp or either hidden in a safe zone out of experience from normal players training them to farm items. They sell the items for krono and plat to buy krono to sell krono.

So these 3rd party elite players are dominating zones and hunting areas to pay rent.
    Players are getting Kronos and selling them on 3rd party websites for $4, $5, $7 a piece.

Daybreak is now loosing money on THAT specific sale. The game zones are being filled of players that simply afk play. Players don't have fun and don't sub, or quit.

The game is turning into a machine.

Make Krono's 1 time trade. Make elite items 1 time trade.

400 in General chat, 5 speak the entire day. Figure it out.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It would take YEARS to master tradskills while starting out in the game on one account.
    Play one account now. level 1. Earn (Loot) all drops for every tradeskill skill up and master all TS's. YEARS.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Short, Simple, and sweet.
    Thank you !