Tab Targeting appears to be much worse now...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Troutfest, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Troutfest Augur

Prior to patch I could tab target mobs and it would move from one mob to another right away, though some might be far away at times. Since patch seems like I tab target and wont get anything, have to hit it a few times before it will move to another mob.
  2. Adonhiram Augur

Do you mean the cycle through NPC function ?
    Skewert likes this.
  3. svann Augur

Technically that is cycle through nearest NPC's. However sometimes it does go to the farthest first.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

I see what you mean, yes I noticed that too. I have always been using that way more than F8 (to share aggro on pet, send pet on an add, snap aggro while chanter/cleric do their business, etc) because the first pressing of the hotkey should give the same result as F8 and then you could hop from target circle to target circle. And since the patch it seems less precise in that it doesn't catch the closest first ; sometimes it cycles through NPCs but skips one standing right next and will catch it on second or third cycling, no clue why.

Of course it is an intuitive impression, it's hard to tell if something is broken, but I definitely had a feeling something doesn't work as usual.
  5. Adonhiram Augur

PS : maybe it's not the function itself which has a problem but it is affected by the lag spikes everyone reports on several servers ? Server lag would explain a strange behavior of targeting fonctions I suppose.
  6. Troutfest Augur

It could be the lag doing it. What I am seeing now is that when using the tab key to cycle through NPCs in front of me at times it wont cycle at all. I can hit tab over and over for 5 to 10 secs before it will move to another NPC. I am usually tanking and when its 2 or 3 in front mouse click to pick another doesnt work that great and have always cycled through them to target the ones in front of me. Now it won't move from the one I've got targeted first.
  7. Adonhiram Augur

Yes exactly that. Annoying when you need to switch constantly targets ; I have found out you are better now by using first F8 and once you hit F8 you cycle with your other hotkey, but it's less quick
  8. Bigstomp Augur

The mini lag spikes have certainly affected targeting. (and other generally important buttons). I hope they get whatever it is solved soon.