T2 raid armor stats

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Abbydog, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

Why oh why does T2 raid armor have two less hdex (primary monk stat) than T1 raid armor on three of the eight slots?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Same thing with a lot of classes. It is to make sure that T1 is relevant if you value a specific stat. Otherwise why would anyone ever use any T1 armor?
  3. Disapointed Lorekeeper

have you checked the complete set?

They have said numerous times, that the heroics are built into the sets not the individual items. if you found that a full set yielded less that the lower tier that might be an issue, but 2 lower and 6 higher etc is exactly what the intention is.
    Winnowyl and minimind like this.
  4. Viper1 Augur

lol if you're worried about a difference of 2 points to a single hStat ruining your day.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

They said that but its balls reasoning. There's zero reason to view it as a set since EQ does not have set bonuses. They are all just individual items. The best strategy is to ignore the claim that its a set and just pick which pieces are best for you. You need to think about which is worth more to you - the 2 dex or the gain in hp/ac. That said, I think there is nothing wrong with having to make a real choice.
    Denyu likes this.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

You people letting DBG justify a T1 apple being better then a T2 apple in any way are ridiculous. Don’t put up with that crap. Petition it as a bug until it’s fixed.
  7. Treiln Augur

You’re really complaining about an apple when DBG gives you the entire tree?

It’s designed that way and working as intended. Of all the legitimate things that could be addressed in the game, this is the hill people want to die on?
  8. Viper1 Augur

Except the T2 is NOT better than the T1. It has 1 stat that the OP is keying on and choosing to ignore everything else on the item.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

OP is justifiably irritated that the Monk’s PRIMARY stat is REDUCED by 6 heroic points when wearing a set of higher tier armor. Why can’t this be a bug?

My Porsche is 6 less horse power than my Pinto and it costs a million bucks more … that’s ok because it’s over all better …. (Yes I’m exaggerating)
  10. Treiln Augur

My 636 has a smaller engine than it’s 650 sibling, but beats it hands down every time. Displacement > size.

It’s been stated that it’s not meant to be a piece by piece comparison (though usually it is due to the obvious upgrade of the piece, even over the negative main stat difference). Also, dead DPS do no DPS. More health/endurance/stamina/AC is still an upgrade.