T1 RoF vs T4 VoA group gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chunk, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Chunk Elder

Why does the T1 RoF gear have such terrible stats compared to T4 VoA group? The AC and HP are more, but everything else, including heroics, and especially ATK for melee is worse. In most cases the attack is in the low 20s, when it was in the high 30s or 40s for VoA t4 group.

T2 RoF isn't much better, heroics are similar to T4 VoA group, better HP/AC, but the attack is still in the low to mid 20s for the most cases.

The T4 VoA zerk Raid weapon (Scythe from CoB) has 95 ATK on it. The same ratio weapon from RoF T1 Raid has more HP/AC, but only about 30 ATK. That's a 60 ATK drop.

I'm just confused. I know the melee weapon ratios didn't change. Ok, fine. But why does all the gear have way less ATK. That is the biggest drop, but the heroics for T1 RoF group is often worse than T4 VoA group.

Was this on purpose or a mass oversight? I was in beta and lots of people posted about this, but I never saw a response on this topic.
  2. Siddar Augur

They have been stagnating heroics for years.

The result is that T1 gear from a new expansion has worse heroics then top tier of a older expansion. You have to reacquire the top tier to restore your heroics to what they were in a prior expansion with maybe a hand full extra points added across all gear.
  3. Blacksun Elder

I don't have an answer for you, but I would note that RoF T1 should not be an upgrade from VoA T4. Based on the pattern from past expansions, RoF T1 should be around VoA T3. Or, looking at from the other side, VoA T4 should be good enough to last until T2 or T3 of RoF before there is a noticeable upgrade (other than spell foci). There's usually an overlap somewhere in the previous expansion and the newest. This doesn't necessarily explain the loss of ATK.

I can't speak to the raid equipment pattern as I don't raid and so don't really pay attention to raid gear.
  4. Vouivre Augur

Well if they released more than two tiers I would agree that it follows a pattern, but even if they release a third, they should have broken the previous pattern since there weren't as many tiers.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

its worse than that though.
    I've noticed alot of HoT T3 gear has better spell damage/claravoyance than RoF T1 gear does.
  6. Vouivre Augur

I noticed a lot of my old HoT and anniversary gear had better heroics and/or other stats (not counting ac/hem) than the rof t1 and some t2 items even.
  7. Gladare Augur

I've noticed that my anguish gear sitting in the bank has better base stats than my VoA and RoF raid gear.
  8. Tegila Augur

question: are you referring to visible or non-visible? there are several vversions of each non-visible, geared toward the various archetypes, and if you'rel ooking at soemthing engineered for a priest and comparing it to a voa melee item, you're going ot be disappointed
  9. Hahlfwit Augur

The heroics on gear for RoF are disappointing across the board, visible and non-visible. I assume that you are meant to work on augs and trophies from zone progression quests to mitigate the loss.
  10. Vouivre Augur

If I was talking about regular strength or dexterity I guess your comment would be amusing.
  11. Tegila Augur

this is very much like goign from t9 UF to t1 or 2 HoT as it took t3 HoT to upgrade from t9 UF even though the hps were higher in t2, the ac, heroics, and things like spell damage and heal amount, were significantly lower on most items.
  12. Gladare Augur

It was more of a statement of fact than a joke. My annoyance with having my base stamina below cap bleeds over into all itemization threads lol.
  13. Vouivre Augur

Except again from Underfoot to HoT, there were four tiers in each. In Hot to VoA each also had four tiers. Now there were four tiers in VoA and only two so far in RoF. There may or may not be more tiers coming later, if they don't charge us then it will be part of RoF, if they do it won't in my opinion count as part of RoF, but whether you go from four tiers to two or four to three, the steps up should be bigger or at least they should not decrease your stats.

I miss the days when you could tell whether something was an upgrade for your class by looking at a few stats, rather than 50 different aspects. I really hate the "there are multiple items you can wear, but one is better for your class type" idea though.
  14. Chunk Elder

The heroics on t2 RoF group are similar or 1 point better generally than t4 VoA (talking visibles). But the loss of ATK in particular on visible armor for melee seems a huge gap. Especially even on the raid front.
  15. Hahlfwit Augur

Hoping that the slowly growing portals in Shard's Landing are an indication of new RoF tier content to come, as well as much improved gear mods and heroics.