Systems Normal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fluid, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Fluid Augur

OK, thought I would try Ragefire since I love leveling up. Mostly a positive experience where everything feels about right. Skill gain, experience, basic character power across classes seems good. Behavior is not bad since most of the players are old timers and are both experienced in how to run their characters effectively and in a social setting. I think I got 30 hours in the first week which is a lot for me. Added maybe a dozen people to my friends list but haven't joined a guild yet.

There are problems with just how the game is administered. There was the level 50 on first day kind of thing which sets off alarms. Mostly I just considered that type of player something like a pig passing through a snake: Better they level their toons and get out of the areas I want to use as quickly as possible. So apparently Daybreak lets them keep the toons they power leveled and twinked. Not so fair for the following.

I started a druid as is my habit. Actually I started several characters as I use them for various tasks the individual types excel at i.e. Magician for summoning bandages and arrows. I get my druid up to a level where I want to start cashing up and do the Storm Reapers Initiate quest. It fails, shades of early EQ. I figure I must of missed a turn in or something so I repeat the quest, still no go. I finally take the time to 'bug' it. Then I notice a few other Druids carrying the Scimitar so I ask them. The response was 'Daybreak disabled the quest after the first couple of days.' Sheesh! I have searched the forums using 'scimitar' and 'initiate' as the keywords and not a mention of it. So in my first 30 hours I have probably spent 10% of my time doing a busted as opposed to broken quest.

I was going to get a 'Shining Star' mace for a Paladin too, now I wonder if that is busted too.

Just the same old same old. Understand that I do play fairly well after 16 years and these set backs and wasted time are not show stoppers. My druid has pretty much progressed beyond the stage of killing stuff with a weapon anyway. If he needed a magical weapon, I could always have my Magician summon him something. More to the point, I love questing and was going to get him a Testament of Vaneer. Now I wonder if that is still in the game, targeted for being busted by Daybreak, or if I should just go spell only to avoid another enthusiasm killer.

Is there anywhere these things are posted?
  2. Vaclav Augur

Scimitar was newbie quest gear (Luclin era additions) that was missed for a few days.

SSoL is in for sure, wife has one. ToV is also in for sure.