System knows you as LD, too when charmed and dead.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by divirgmar, Jul 25, 2020.

1. divirgmar Lorekeeper

Original post:
    When you are charmed or feared, it shows you as LD on your nameplate. If in a raid, it also shows you as Linkdead on the raid task window. When the charm fades, you are back in action and not seen as linkdead. However, if you die while you are charmed, and you release to bind- you are instantly crashed out of the server- as if you were actually linkdead.
    Making me think the system- when you are charmed and labeled as linkdead and when you die and release your corpse- the system sees you as link dead and promptly - kicks you of the server. Because you are linkdead after all, even though you are labeled as linkdead only because you are charmed and happened to die while so charmed and only labeled as linkdead.

Any way to stop this? as it will prevent frantically having to log in , asking to be added to raid and pleading to not open the chest so you dont miss coins, which I did.

Niente replied:
    This sounds like a bug and is something we should fix. There are some bugs related to not zoning after death still lingering. There have been lots of bugs related to PCs becoming NPCs (charm, fear, and LD all turn you into an NPC). If you have more details on when/where you were charmed and died, that will help us fix it.
    I later replied in that same thread:
    Ok, this happened yesterday on June 20 at 11:44pm during Symphony of Arms "bonus raids-after raids" where we were trying the HH trakanon for fun with 16 people. I got charmed I was attacking something, I died and then when I released to bind- I got kicked out of the game. I had to log in and - uncomfortably and somewhat frantically send tells to not only be re-invited to raid, but also re-added to event and re-assigned to group.
    So around that time, give or take 1 or 2 min on before or after side of 11:44pm
    Ands I have another one, recently that occurred on July 16th at 8:51 pm, I think it was in Kael or Tower of Frozen Shadow. Got charmed, Died, when I released to bind I got kicked out of game. Had to log in frantically to rejoin raid and not lose parse! lol.
    In game characater name is Manouk :)
    phaeril and Sirene_Fippy like this.